Under the supervision of the Deputy, Governance, and with guidance from other team members, this role will support several processes related to governance. The primary focus is key support for the Board Leadership for the Deputy, Governance, and Governance team.
The Administrative Assistant may also be asked to assist on matters related to the legal function of the Department, as requested, in collaboration with the Deputy General Counsel, Institutional Matters and/or the Deputy General Counsel, Grant Management.
This role is responsible for the overall team coordination of administrative, human resources and financial process across governance, with supervision.
The Administrative Assistant will:
- Provide administrative support to the Board Leadership, Deputy Governance, and to the Governance team
- Manage email correspondence; identify sensitive and/or complex correspondence for specific treatment; set follow-up dates; organize follow-up and responses to incoming communications
- Draft administrative correspondence in English and French in final form
- Organize and coordinate Board Leadership travel and logistics, consolidate briefing packs for external engagements, and provide all necessary administrative support when the Chair and Vice Chair are in Geneva
- Organize and coordinate internal governance meetings, ensure the necessary information is available, take notes, prepare minutes and records of decisions; schedule appointments and, where appropriate, manage the calendars’ coordinating and adjusting itineraries
- Organize and maintain the Governance SharePoint site, and manage the Governance inbox, distributing follow action, and tracking completion
- Maintain the team’s travel plans, make travel arrangements as needed, manage the leave calendar
- Organize events such as retreats and off site meetings. and handle all related logistics
- Liaise with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure information exchange and cooperation
- As guided, adjust administrative procedures to improve efficiency, monitoring, record keeping, etc. Work with team members to ensure consistency of application.
- Manages the filing, archiving and retrieval of information for the Board Leadership and the Deputy, Governance as needed
- Responsible for ensuring that all administrative and financial processes are executed in compliance with the GF regulations. This includes acting as the focal point for budget and financial tracking and working across departments on timely submission of budgets and reporting, with support from the Specialist, Governance Operational
- Perform other duties as required
Subject to change by the Executive Director at any time at their sole discretion.
- Completion of secondary, technical or commercial school or equivalent
- Intermediate to advanced certification in computing
- University degree in relevant field (Business Administration, Secretarial studies)
- Professional secretarial or administrative training from a recognized institution
- Proven secretarial/administrative experience in a similar legal and governance setting and in a multicultural environment
- Extensive practical PC application on MS Office and other applications
- Over 2 years of secretarial/administrative experience in a similar legal and governance setting and in a multicultural environment
- Knowledge of the Global Fund’s organizational structure, personnel and administrative procedures, processes and delivery mechanisms
An excellent knowledge of English and French. Knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
- Service Orientation
- Drive for Results
- Global Fund awareness and mindset
- Project Management
The Global Fund recruits top-tier talent for our open positions, in support of our mission to end AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics.
Explore our vacancies and apply on the Global Fund Careers recruitment system.
More information on working at the Global Fund is available on the Careers section of our main website.
Job Posting End Date
09 January 2020