BUSINESS SERVICES SPECIALIST
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Why we are recruiting
The Forum’s ‘Business Services’ is a newly established unit that will support the engagement journey of over 300 organisations across industries in Europe and North America. We are currently seeking a Specialist who will be responsible for supporting the Business Services team on administrative, process improvements, and analytical data levels.
Reporting Lines & Interactions
The Business Services Specialist will navigate across and interact with multiple teams internally, ranging from digital, participants and events services, contracts and finance, as well as marketing and communications. The role will entail interactions with the business community. The Business Services Specialist will report to the Head of Business Services.
Breakdown of main responsibilities
- Provide day to day support on ensuring the operational efficiency of partner engagement
- Act as key point of contact for internal and external constituents related to events participation, community engagement, and/or digital experience
- Continuously maintain internal databases, knowledge tools and team records
- Coordinate content and distribution of material and tools; and ensure consistent, quality communications with Partners and other stakeholders
- Liaise with relevant departments as single point of contact for partner queries
- Plan and execute team meetings and large internal project briefing sessions
- Lead adhoc administrative projects
The successful candidate will be assessed on
- Service excellence in responding to requests and interacting with internal and external stakeholders
- Contribution to operation efficiency of the team, including level of support in making the best use of digital tools and effectiveness in following Forum processes
- Community organization, ensuring the right external stakeholders are involved in the right engagement opportunities
- Individual leadership on managing full event processes and delivery
- Individual leadership on managing specific (‘on-demand’) project delivery such as process and tools improvement, business intelligence/information management, change management
Preferred Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Approximately 3-5 years of experience in coordination and support in a demanding professional environment
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, project and time management skills, a strong work ethic, and possess high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with and manage expectations of senior executives and their staff with confidence
- Excellent degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Power Point, Excel); familiarity with Salesforce preferred
- Ability to thrive in a demanding environment and handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
- Responsible, independent and self-driven
Why work at the Forum
We believe that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve the state of the world by building awareness and co-operation, shaping mind-sets and agendas and driving collective action. Join us and become a driver for positive change!