Are you passionate about customer success?
Caterpillar provides services to our customers far beyond the initial equipment sale. We leverage connected equipment and our decades of application expertise to enhance customer performance. Caterpillar’s Global Aftermarket Services Division (GASD) exists to support enterprise efforts to deliver value-added services to customers. By enhancing customer value, Caterpillar and our dealers create the opportunity to profitably grow our businesses while reducing the impact of market cycles.
Services is where we are investing our time, talent and money because they drive value for our customers, our company and our dealers. If you have a passion for helping customers succeed and want to be part of growing services, now is a great time to join GASD.
JOB PURPOSE: To serve as a senior consultant at Caterpillar and subject matter expert in a specialized parts and service marketing field or specialty area where decisions and recommendations are made for strategic advantage and contribute to Percent of Parts Sales for Caterpillar branded parts growth.
JOB RELATED STATISTICS:
Geographical Responsibility: Global
Primary Interfaces: Parts Product Groups, Corporate Parts & Service Marketing Groups, Regional Parts & Service Marketing Groups, Regional District Offices, Industry Groups, Dealers, and some direct customer interface.
JOB DUTIES: As a Component Application Specialist – Cylinders & Rods for Construction Industries with a focus on Hose & Couplings, you will serve as the expert responsible for the development and execution of specialized initiatives to drive profitable parts and service revenue and POPS growth. The role of this assignment is that of an individual contributor who has established a reputation as an expert in a specific parts and service marketing field. Assignments/projects are complex and strategic in nature.
Leadership skills and the ability to sell ideas are fully developed. As an individual performer or as the project leader of a generally small group/task force of technical or marketing people a reputation as an expert begins to develop. Must communicate effectively across product, industry, dealer and/or customer audiences to gain understanding and acceptance of ideas and recommendations. Proven leadership in innovation of new or improved ideas/processes is key to this role, along with the execution to the market.
Work across various functional business units to achieve parts & services objectives and work with global partners along with districts, dealers and customers to implement services marketing activities and drive parts growth.
Duties may include:
- Document and Disseminate Aftermarket Critical Customer Requirements, in support of parts & services development, throughout the Hydraulic Component lifecycle in the Construction Industry segment
- Collect and prioritize Unmet Customer Needs, with a focus on where we lose and the reasons why
- Define optimal set of aftermarket solutions for each machine and/or product, considering Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) requirements
- Work with Machine and Component Product Groups to ensure aftermarket Parts & Service NPI deliverables are met
- Along with Service Marketing, develop customer messaging – key attributes and value proposition
- Develop Dealer Aftermarket Parts & Services Sales Training – Content & delivery methods
- Represent aftermarket Voice of Customer (VOC) & Voice of Dealer (VOD) & contribute to the Enterprise Component Strategy (ECS) projects
Must have ability to work with people from many different backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally, with the appropriate influence and ability to resolve differences. Good human relations skills are required to develop a collaborative, cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the business unit. Generally, requires extensive travel to understand regional or worldwide business conditions. Incumbent has previous expertise within government agencies, national associations, dealers and/or customer groups.
- College or University degree OR 9-12 years of Hydraulics parts marketing, Hydraulics product and/or field experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Broad business background, specific long-term product or industry knowledge and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with various stakeholders at all levels
- Previous 6 Sigma Black Belt or project management experience
- Candidate must demonstrate Caterpillar’s values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues, mentor and coach, and/or persuade others on new methods of equipment application, new technology and distribution methods.
- Self-starter and team player
- Strong communication, presentation and training skills
- Proficiency in data analysis
- Accomplished in the use of business tools for communicating ideas
- Strong project management skills
- Travel is 50%, domestic and international
- Candidates must reside within 1 hour of airport to be considered for remote locations and remote will be considered on a case by case basis.
The incumbent must be a valid Swiss work permit holder or holder of a B, G or C permit. The position is based in Geneva head offer on the local payroll.