UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope
Market Development team (MDT), Division of Private Fundraising and Partnerships, is based in Geneva. MDT supports UNICEF offices in their private sector fundraising (PSFR) work with:
- A strong focus on ensuring countries deliver their PSFR Revenue commitments for children in line with the 2018-2021 UNICEF Impact Plan.
- Identifying and driving upside potential.
- A deep understanding of fundraising programmes with Fundraising Directors – joint planning, review and analysis of results vs. targets and benchmarks, income tracking and agreed KPIs
- Establishment of a strategic, holistic, jointly agreed and shared PSFR “masterplan” which provides the framework for the deployment of PSFR resources (specialist support, investment funds, innovation) in a prioritized and strategic manner.
Core functions of the team:
- Strategic alignment on human and financial resources for fundraising, including central investment funds management.
- Create a holistic view of markets’ opportunities, challenges and how to address these; as well as potential synergies among different areas.
- Sharing and deployment of fundraising best practices.
- Leadership behind creating an enabling environment for fundraising (investment, structure, etc).
- Drive the Fundraising Innovation Programme on the global level.
How can you make a difference?
This consultancy will be supporting the work of Market Development Team, with a strong focus on the Fundraising Innovation Programme. We are seeking a motivated individual who would like to join us and help us turn current challenges and brilliant ideas into actual change. We value young talent who is proactive, a fast-learner, a team player, and with strong passion for making an impact for children. We are a small multi-cultural team and are looking forward to getting to know you!
Under the supervision of UNICEF Global Fundraising Innovation Manager in the Division of PFP, the consultant is responsible for providing support in the mainstreaming of fundraising innovation within the organization, including the development of initiatives, building capacity and supporting the UNICEF Fundraising Innovation Programme.
The main responsibilities of the consultant include but are not limited to:
- Fundraising Innovation mainstreaming and Innovation Network management: support the implementation of fundraising innovation action plan and build organizational capacity to scale innovation for fundraising; identify innovation champions and promote the innovation network; produce internal communication briefings, newsletter, and social media content to regularly update the community on the program progress.
- Innovation platform administration and project management: support the planning, logistics, and implementation of related events, including preparations of training, workshops, and webinars etc; coordinate meetings, take meeting minutes, and facilitate follow-up actions.
- Research and content management: generate content and provide technical support to update the innovation library and the intranet pages and collaboration sites; conduct research on thematic issues related to innovation, systematize and spread out lessons learnt, and draft reports/concept notes on related initiatives.
- UNICEF Fundraising Innovation Fund (FRIF) Allocation Support: coordinate specialist evaluation and review, facilitate the fund allocation process, and follow up with the reporting of key learnings of the funded programs.
The main deliverables of the consultant include:
- Conduct monthly calls and webinars for sharing and training for the Innovation Network and ensure smooth follow-up on feedback with participants;
- Produce one training toolkit on driving innovation for fundraising and ensure a quarterly update;
- Ensure timely response on the technical issues of the Innovation Management Platform within three days of the request, which includes but not limits to inquiry emails, coordinate special training briefings, online demonstration presentations;
- Collect and generate five pieces of “inspiration” content monthly and input into the Innovation Management Platform;
- Assist with setting up and support two global innovation Challenges and five regional/national innovation Challenges on the Innovation Management Platform;
- Produce bi-weekly communication co-laterals for promoting the Innovation Management Platform and the innovation champion network;
- Ensure monthly update of the latest Fundraising Innovation Fund status across platforms (intranet, innovation platform, collaboration site and online database);
- Produce content and provide administrative and logistic support for the team’s reports, presentations and meetings;
- Coordinate with external third party for joint projects and provide logistics support to joint events and meetings;
- Draft concept notes and briefing memos for special innovation initiatives of the Fundraising Innovation Team.
ESTIMATED DURATION OF THE CONTRACT AND PROPOSAL
11.5 months, tentative start date is 24 August 2020.
Global Fundraising Innovation Manager, MDT.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Master’s Degree in related fields.
- Demonstrated skills in project design, management, and implementation.
- Detailed-oriented, drive for results, proactive, good organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Past experience on innovation programmes and tools is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of MS Office is required.
- Excellent knowledge and/or ability to use the latest tools available to facilitate the team’s work is an asset.
We also strongly value:
- Good verbal and written communication;
- Proactive and innovative spirit;
- Good team player, open to providing and giving feedback and willing to learn;
- Hands-on approach to problem solving and able to see new, creative ways around obstacles.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
Remarks: Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein. Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Opening Date Tue Jul 21 2020 02:00:00 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time) W. Europe Daylight Time
Closing Date Tue Aug 04 2020 16:55:00 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)ENVOYER VOTRE CANDIDATURE