We are looking for a Content Specialist to join our office in Geneva. Reporting to the Marketing Manager and global Content Manager, you will be the voice of Lightspeed to our Swiss customers, writing and optimizing content that nurtures our community and delivers positive business outcomes. With talented marketing teams throughout Europe, North America and Australia, you’ll have lots of opportunities to collaborate internationally—we can’t wait to meet you!
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable and dependable all-in-one point of sale system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, the USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Join us and see the new heights you can reach.
What you will do:
- Work with the local Marketing Manager to implement local and global content such as building a top of funnel audience, implementing SEO best practices, measuring results and iterating accordingly;
- promote our Lightspeed brand and our products through creative content, including digital, print and social media assets;
- develop relationships with influential bloggers and websites in the retail and restaurant industry;
- own the content of the local website domains;
- work with the outbound team and local Marketing Manager to create engaging assets for an outbound audience;
- engage with our customer base and site visitors to build community and offer support;
- stay up to date with industry news and trends;
- work with the global Content Manager, North American content team and local agencies to translate, distribute and scale content assets including blog posts, newsletters, case studies, landing pages, webinars and social media posts.
Who you are:
- 2+ years working in content creation;
- excellent French and English writing and speaking skills;
- superior storytelling skills;
- knowledge of social media platforms;
- advanced level SEO understanding, with an emphasis on content categorization and structure;
- comfort with modern web technologies and marketing applications (including content management systems like WordPress);
- happy working as part of a global team in an open and inclusive creative environment.
It would be awesome if you have …
- Relevant diploma in Communications, Public relations, Journalism, or Marketing;
- experience in retail and/or restaurant industries;
- good knowledge of other EMEA languages.
What is in it for you?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- fun activities with your teammates – be part of the Lightspeed family;
- work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!
- a starterpack; whether you’re a noob or a veteran, we treat you the same!