JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2 trillion, over 200,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, Consumer and Community Banking, Corporate and Investment Banking.
The Wealth Management division of JPMorgan Chase & Co. is part of the Asset & Wealth Management business segment. It has offered for over 160 years customised solutions and client service of the highest quality to solve the complex needs of wealthy individuals and their families around the world. With assets under management of $1.25 trillion, it is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
A Swiss regulated subsidiary of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. Group of companies, J.P. Morgan (Suisse) SA is a leading provider of asset & wealth management and global custody services, employing more than 1000 people at both its Geneva headquarters and Zurich branch.
The Global Financial Crimes Compliance team (“GFCC Compliance”) is responsible for Anti Money Laundering (AML) monitoring, providing advice for KYC requirements and sanctions screening for all J.P. Morgan (Suisse) booked activities. The team’s role is part of the financial crime objective to:
- Identify suspicious activity and report to law enforcement in coordination with Country Compliance
- Prevent clients being on boarded or being maintained that create money laundering or reputational risk to JPMC
- Ensure JPMC does not maintain accounts or facilitate transactions involving sanctioned countries, parties or individuals
The team works in partnership with colleagues in US and Asia Compliance, local EMEA in-country Compliance teams and client focused staff in Switzerland.
Duties and Responsibilities
The role, based in Geneva, will oversee the GFCC Investigation Team covering the relevant aspects of Financial Crimes Compliance for the Swiss Private Bank including AML, Sanctions, CTF and working with the local advisory GFCC team.
- Manage and oversee the Investigation team in completion of their daily tasks and meeting of objectives of GFCC, including allocation of tasks, timeliness of reviews and case throughput requirements
- Provide AML typology expertise to team in support to their development and act as an escalation point
- Head Investigation team meetings, provide mentoring and ongoing support to team members.
- Support team in decision-making in regard of which AML cases require escalation.
- Escalate important AML cases to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (“MLRO”), CEO and Reputational Risk Committee.
- Support Legal department in reporting Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) to the Swiss authorities.
- Provide team interface to Alert Operations, regional LOB Investigation peers and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to global projects in regard of technology and process improvements through providing GFCC Investigations expertise.
- To participate in GFCC review of High Risk clients KYC information
- Participate to the SILBA (Swiss AML) Committee
- Experience in the financial services industry, preferably within Private Banking
- Several years of relevant experience of Compliance activities particularly in relation to AML/ Sanctions preferred
- Good understanding of Risk analysis processes
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) required or evidence of comparable academic / work achievement
- Strong interpersonal, communication, leadership, presentation and influencing skills
- Analytical mind
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to summarize complex topics concisely and drive practical outcomes
- The ability to make sound decisions, including escalation when appropriate, in regard of AML or sanction risk
- To work without supervision and act on own initiative to identify tasks to be undertaken
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel, particularly experience in handling volumes of quantitative data.
- Language capabilities : French, English, Spanish or German a plus
Due to legal restrictions, we will only be able to consider applications from applicants with a valid Swiss work permit, or holding a Swiss or European nationality.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue.
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.