CATERPILLAR GRADUATE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been building the world’s infrastructure, and in partnership with CAT dealers, is driving positive and sustainable changes on every continent. A Fortune 500 company, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines and industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company also is a leading services provider through Caterpillar Financial Services, Caterpillar Remanufacturing Services, Caterpillar Logistics Services and Progress Rail Services.
Within our Geneva head office located, we offer a complete Graduate Internship Program for a period of 13 months from 1 July 2020 to 31 July 2021.
The Caterpillar Graduate Internship Program is a mix of on-the-job learning, coupled with personal development and training in a specialized field.
With us you will:
- Have the opportunity to make the next step in your education more meaningful by providing practical on-the-job learning in an international business environment.
- Transform academic learning into business solutions while working on real projects
- Develop a personal network in the business world
- Experience a team concept that combines the skills and expertise of people from varied professional disciplines and backgrounds
- Be part of a challenging work environment where initiative and innovation is encouraged and rewards.
- Work for a global leader
Graduate Internship Opportunities
Each year we offer roles in different key functional areas such as:
- Engineering (Service & Sales Operations Support)
- Marketing & Sales, Marketing Communications, Digital
- Data Analytics, Business Analysis
- Job Site Solutions
- Finance, Treasury, Accounting, Tax
- Human Resources, Paralegal
We are interested in young graduates who have recently finalized their studies with a Bachelor’s or Master’s level in any of the following domains: Accounting, Business, Economics, Engineering, Finance, International Studies, Legal Studies, Marketing, Social Sciences, Political Science, and/or another relevant field.
DATA ANALYTICS & MARKETING GRADUATE INTERN
Job Purpose and Responsibilities: Provide support to drive the deployment and implementation of different After-Market Solutions with assigned dealers in EAME and CIS territories. These solutions will include, but are not limited to, Prioritized Service Events (PSE) leads and opportunities Management; Sales To User (STU) dealer data validations, and the deployment of our After-Market platform called OLGA.
The candidate will work as a Junior Solutions Deployment consultant and will be involved in
- Delivering, in collaboration with the other internal industries, to the annual total business plan for the assigned dealer territories (shared goal with ASRs) though coaching and supporting PSE conversions.
- In collaboration with assigned dealers developing and implementing aftermarket solutions industry Sales funnel reviews for assigned high-opportunity customer accounts. Adopting and being an advocate for sales funnel management methods.
- Collaborating with industries to identify customer accounts or and specific opportunities for growth.
- Developing aftermarket solutions growth opportunities & executing approved targeted marketing campaigns.
- Optimizing parts sales variance utilization within assigned budget to drive incremental top line revenue and deliver business plan – in collaboration with ASRs which own the budgets.
- Driving regular sales performance reviews with ASRs and dealers and ensure implementation of corrective actions where needed.
- Driving digitalization of the Aftermarket Sales Funnel through integration dealers CRM system into Cat Sales Community and leveraging manual feedback process. Tracking opportunity, participation and close rates and report VOC/VOD in the CRM system. Developing local action plans, leveraging CRM and Customer Insights, to attack lost sales.
- Seeking understanding, documenting and communicating internally on customer requirements, business models, competitive landscape and other market intelligence to ensure product groups and other entities are aware of product & customer needs.
- Driving customer connectivity as an enabler to business.
- Interacting with Caterpillar global or regional account management to achieve growth of aftermarket solutions goals with specific customers (as applicable).
- Partnering with & influence other internal parties to ensure general customer needs are met for an effective commercial relationship.
- HEC, Business, Marketing, Data Analytics background (minimum Bachelor’s degree level required).
- Fluent in English and French & strong communication/presentation skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Eager to learn and perform.
- Strong IT skills (mainly Excel, Word & some PowerPoint would be an asset).
- Swiss citizen, or holder of a C permit, B, G holders with European citizenship.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in English, copies of diplomas & any work certificates on www.caterpillar/careers