Today HP is a $50 billion fortune 50 company with just under 50,000 employees worldwide across 190 countries. A proven leader in printing and personal systems and the most recommended MPS provider and rated #1 in customer satisfaction.
HP is the worldwide undisputed printing leader with the largest printer market share, we have a complete product portfolio which includes leading technology and we are also bringing an intuitive and predictive system to manage those devices to deliver the best serviceability experience in the industry. Furthermore, we are bringing cutting edge solutions to deliver real value to customers.
We are looking for a Technology Consultant to join our Managed Print Services team in the Swiss Romandie.
As Technology Consultant for Managed Print Services you are the key person to support all kind of technical aspects related to Printing Hardware, Print and Document Management including state of the art software solutions used in HP Managed Print Solutions. As Technology Consultant you will be assigned to a set of Managed Print Customers in the Enterprise Customer Segment in order to support our customers on upcoming technical challenges during the whole lifecycle of the contract. You support and consult our customers on implementation of new software solutions, and you act as technical interface between customer representatives and HP Project team during implementation projects. During technical escalations you will act as local lead and interface for our European and Worldwide Technical Competence Centers and Product Engineering.
- Responsible for the implementing part or all the HP Managed Print solution to the client, in accordance with an agreed technical design.
- Understands a broad spectrum of HP technology in order to provide part or all of a detailed technical design which meets customer requirements.
- Often leads small to medium technical projects.
- Works with and under the direction of the Project/Technical Manager and with customer nominated representatives.
- Liaises with Solutions Architect as appropriate.
- Provides technical support and input on the application of technology to a defined business segment.
- Provides advice on solution and integration opportunities to defined segments.
- Contributes to knowledge tools and communities and ensures project learnings are documented and shared.
- Proactively encourages membership and contributions of others to professional community. Uses professions to meet the relevant certification and professional standards.
- Participates in the selling process and works with sales/principals on pre- sales activities.
Education and Experience Required:
- 5+ years of relevant/related professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (8+ years in total).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent technical knowledge, not just in Print also in Networks, Cloud and Operating systems.
- Has enough depth and breadth of technical knowledge to be individually responsible for the design and scope of Managed Print Services
- Ability to apply technology and consulting to solve a client business problem.
- Able to communicate and present complex issues with assurance and confidence.
Demonstrates the use of consulting skills including:
- questioning, listening, ideas development, permission and rapport, and influencing.
- Ability to conduct/lead oral status/technical interchange meetings with clients on small to medium sized engagements.
- Ability to translate technical details into concise and easy to understand written form. Ability to write relevant components of a proposal document (e.g. answer specific RFP questions). Ability to translate verbal requirements from face to face client meetings into requirements documents, statements of work, and proposals.
- Able to discuss (within own area of expertise) requirements with a customer, and to challenge and clarify when appropriate. From the requirements, able to develop a high-level design or plan, and then estimate the amount of effort required to deliver. Able to advise the engagement owner about the risks associated with this work package.
- Ability to work with a team to provide written responses to technical proposals and /or reports/documentation for delivery.
- Fluent in French and English, German or Italian are considered an asset.
- Flexible to travel
What do we offer?
HP can offer you in return, continuous technical training (including annual training in the USA), and a possibility to grow your career in various directions from senior technical roles to Sales or even Management.
Due to extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, HP is one of the world’s most attractive employer.
Interested? Apply right now directly via our Job Portal.