Main objectives of the role:
As a member of the Accounting team, you oversee the desk and the accounting activities in relation to this position. You are in direct contact with external and internal clients, being students, parents, teachers and members of the faculty. You also take part in the overall Accounting by ensuring that key controls are strictly followed and cash properly managed.
- Daily cash desk activities: customers payments, teachers’ reimbursements and advances, questions and claims
- Boarders pocket money including the value card management system
- Petty cash count and reconciliation twice a week
- “Accounting mailbox” management: answer directly to customers’ requests or assignment of emails to other members of the team
- Customers’ phone calls
- Customers’ refunds processing
- Team assistance in daily administrative activities
- Cash application: cash, bank, credit card, Flywire… and associate monthly reconciliations
- Customer statements and attestations issuance
- Journal entries updates and preparation on request
- UN Attestation
Skills and competencies:
The Accountant will be upfront with all the school’s external and internal customers and is a key contributor to the accuracy of the school accounts. The main skills required to endorse this role are the following.
You hold a commercial CFC or a Bachelor in Accounting or Finance and have 5 years’ experience in an accounting department of which at least 3 years in customer facing. At ease with the usual computer tools, especially Excel, your knowledge of an ERP is an asset. Full professional proficiency in English and in French are required (C1 level).
Customer service oriented, you have excellent interpersonal skills and can adapt quickly to a new environment, even under pressure. You are enthusiastic for new challenges and appreciate team work.
Conscious, accurate and rigorous in the execution of your tasks, you are organized, analytical and practical. You are comfortable to work independently and manage priorities. You are good at optimizing processes and proposing ideas of improvements.
- Required : CFC de commerce
- Preferred : Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
5 years in an accounting department of which at least 3 years in customer facing
Further skills :
- Required : English and French
- Preferred : ERP Navision
Job Type: Full-time
- French (Preferred)