SmartWave is an IT services company (60 consultants) based in Versoix (Geneva). Our strong technical culture enables us to realize IT projects with major companies and organizations in French-speaking Switzerland and internationally.
Based on our expertise in the fields of Content and process management, Identity management, Application security, Web application development, Architecture , Integration and more recently DevOps & Cloud we have been able to serve a various international clients (major private banks, luxury industry, international organizations, pharmaceutical industry in Geneva and up to Basel), local, cantonal and federal administrations as well as large public organizations like hospitals or universities.
We have also developed a network of technology partners to integrate their services and build state of the art solutions for our customers (Amazon Web Services, GitLab, Axway, Docker, ForgeRock, Mirth, Nuxeo, One Login, Opentext, Xebialabs , WSO2 …).
SmartWave is not a placement agency, and we recruit employees with the aim of developing their technical expertise and their skills on several projects and in different customer contexts.
- To know a little more about our activities, you can consult our website: https://www.smartwavesa.com
In order to strengthen our DevOps & Cloud team, SmartWave SA is looking for an engineer convinced by DevOps and the AWS Cloud and willing to exercise his/her talents as a consultant to help our clients in the implementation of their automation and transformation projects.
You shall be required to support our clients in:
- Implementation of appropriate solutions (on-premises, container or cloud) highly available and respecting the imposed constraints,
- Automation of the provisioning and deployment of their on-premises or cloud resources,
- Industrialization of application deliveries,
- Maintenance & evolution of their automation tooling.
You will also :
- Document your technical activities
- Be involved in technology watch activities
- Provide support for pre-sales activities and answers to calls for proposals
At the center of the cross-functional projects and digitization transitions in which SmartWave participates, the contributions of our DevOps & Cloud team offer many development opportunities both on the Cloud Expertise and on the DevSecOps dimension. As many opportunities for you to contribute to the development of our offers and to elevate your career through them.
- Master degree, EPF engineer or equivalent
- 3 years relevant work experience
- Autonomy on an Infrastructure As Code tool: Ansible, Terraform, or other
- Proficiency on CICD concepts & tooling : such as GitLab or Jenkins
- Successful hands-on experience on AWS
- Ability to manage containers for production purpose
- Teamwork and sense of service
- Demonstrate autonomy in carrying out assigned tasks
- Rigor and sense of method
- Ability to adapt easily and gain skills in new technologies
- Know how to formulate, argue and write / document in English and French
ADDITIONNAL QUALIFICATIONS APPRECIATED
- Basic development capabilities : JVM based language or Node JS, …
- Scripting capabilities : Python, bash, …
- Monitoring tools : Grafana, Prometheus, ….
- Kubernetes basics
- Scheduled start date : as soon as possible
- The main workplace is in Versoix (Geneva) with potential trips to French-speaking Switzerland
- Be a Swiss national / resident or an EU national or have a valid work permit in Switzerland
YOUR CAREER IN SMARTWAVE
Our employees’ willingness to deliver excellence is the key success factor of our delivery quality. To maintain this motivation, SmartWave has well-defined human capital management policies. Each employee has a personal follow-up with their direct manager and a member of the management team. Every year we hold an annual review and we define quantitative and qualitative objectives. This career building enables our employees to enjoy various projects and to learn new skills through specific training and experience sharing.
OUR HIRING POLICY
The quality of our employees is a critical success factor; we need people who are fully aligned with our values. To achieve this, SmartWave has implemented its own complete and rich recruitment process. Each candidate meets at least one executive, has a technical interview with their future team leader and takes technical tests. Finally, our peer-to-peer interview lets candidates meet SmartWave consultants to hear about day-to-day experiences. This process ensures that our employees are not only highly skilled but, above all, are aligned with our values.
Ever since SmartWave was founded, technical excellence has been at the core of our DNA. This excellence is supported by passion. SmartWave cultivates and stimulates this passion by giving its employees the opportunity to take leadership with various technical initiatives. This is where we develop our innovative offers for our clients.
WANT TO SHARE?
When you are passionate, you want to share. To enable this passion and stimulate it, each team organises quarterly events where consultants share their knowledge, exchange ideas and present their finished projects.
Each year SmartWave launches a “Project of the Year” contest. Any consultant can put forward their project to win a prize. A team of independent judges evaluates each project’s merits in terms of business value, technical value and innovation.