JTI is a leading international tobacco company with operations in more than 120 countries. We’re the global owner of world-renowned brands such as Winston, the number two cigarette brand in the world, and Camel (outside the US). Our global brands also include Mevius, LD and Natural American Spirit, and we manufacture the internationally recognized Logic e-cigarette brand and Ploom Tech, a major brand in the heated tobacco category.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, we employ over 45’000 people across the globe. We were recently awarded Global Top Employer for the fifth consecutive year with regional Top Employer Certification in Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America, Africa and the Middle East. This is recognition of our outstanding talent strategy, energizing culture and commitment to learning and development. Our Geneva HQ is Equal-Salary Certified.
We are a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. For more information visit www.jti.com.
Who we are?
The Digital Business Unit team is team of professionals passionate about consumer and customer centricity, building digital capabilities and innovation. Our main goal is to #unleash the power of JTI through Digital.
We work closely with markets and functions to accelerate growth through winning digital consumer & customer experience and increase efficiency & effectiveness via focused digital execution.
What do we offer?
The digital team based in Geneva is a growing centre of excellence focused on building modern global brands. A key part of this is to translate our brand objectives into digital marketing and sales strategies, assets and actions. In a complex matrix organisation, this means managing multiple stakeholders and translating requirements between functional teams. The ideal candidate needs to have an expert understanding of digital marketing and be able to talk to traditional business managers and explain the value and impact of modern digital marketing techniques.
The role will be a core element for the digital function, bringing campaign and brand ideas to life at a global level across reduced risk and conventional products brand portfolios. The role will be key the creation of our digital marketing assets and strategies for all digital channels. An understanding of channel mix and activation best practices is essential. The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate and qualify best in class digital campaigns and brand activation.
The candidate will bring a wealth of digital capabilities into the brand environment to challenge traditional ways of thinking. They will need to be proactive, digitally savvy and experienced in creating measurable and actionable digital programs.
- Digital Brand Management: Work as a digital marketing expert within the existing brand team. Define and translate brand requirements into digital objectives and activities. Feed digital requirements into the brand thinking, applying clear objectives and strategic requirements to ensure short and long terms objectives.
- Digital Campaign & Product Management: Demonstrate the ability to translate brand and product briefs into campaigns and best in class product launches online. Have an expert understanding of digital channels, channel requirements and how to evaluate success. Experience in working at the heart of a brand and being able to proactively influence senior level brand thinking. Link to wider digital marketing objectives including content, CRM and social media marketing.
- Digital Content & Programmes: Be able to define and activate a best in class content programme to cover all needs from tactical to always on content. Be able to demonstrate an expert understanding of creating and performance managing a long-term content programme.
- Performance Orientated: Strong performance management attitude to support activation in both brand and ecommerce channels. Ability to provide proactive feedback to markets and activation teams (content, technology and strategy) to improve the delivery of sales and marketing campaigns.
- Guidelines & Best Practices: Ability to translate global models into local toolkits, guidelines and best practices. This in line with best practice sharing as part of the overall capability building of the function and the wider organization.
- Stakeholder & Agency Management: Experience in managing and educating stakeholders in all things digital. Be able to translate digital activities into business metrics, provide a go-to source of digital expertise and proactively educate the wider department in the area of digital marketing and digital campaigns. Experience in managing multiple agencies.
- People management: Grow, educate and guide the team in the specific field of expertise. Show a passion for digital that is translated into campaigns, content and activation programmes. Be a thought leader in modern marketing techniques.
What are we looking for?
- Have an university degree of equivalent vocational training in marketing / digital
- 7+ years of proven work experience as Digital brand and marketing manager
- Experience in defining and building digital brand and marketing strategies
- Experience in creating multi-channel digital campaigns (either stand alone or as part of an ATL campaign)
- Strong experience in creating messaging and positioning for products and brands, and translating them into effective and impactful campaigns
- In-depth understanding of online marketing tools and social media platforms
- Proven ability to manage complex projects and market requirements
- Performance and analytical mindset (metrics, KPI’s and measurement frameworks)
- Proven ability to work within a technical environment (translating and aligning business to technical requirements)
You as a person:
- Fluent English, French is beneficial
- Excellent communications skills: written and verbal
- Excellent understanding of marketing technology and tools
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and experience
- Ability to communicate across functions and business units
- Strong organisational and project management skills, cross-functional collaboration