JTI is a leading international tobacco company with operations in more than 120 countries. We’re the global owner of world-renowned brands such as Winston, the number two cigarette brand in the world, and Camel (outside the US). Our global brands also include Mevius, LD and Natural American Spirit, and we manufacture the internationally recognized Logic e-cigarette brand and Ploom Tech, a major brand in the heated tobacco category.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, we employ over 45’000 people across the globe. We were recently awarded Global Top Employer for the fifth consecutive year with regional Top Employer Certification in Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America, Africa and the Middle East. This is recognition of our outstanding talent strategy, energizing culture and commitment to learning and development. Our Geneva HQ is Equal-Salary Certified.
We are a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. For more information visit www.jti.com.
Who we are?
The Digital Business Unit team is team of professionals passionate about consumer and customer centricity, building digital capabilities and innovation. Our main goal is to #unleash the power of JTI through Digital.
We work closely with markets and functions to accelerate growth through winning digital consumer & customer experience and increase efficiency & effectiveness via focused digital execution.
What do we offer?
You will work as a part of the Digital Data team in the newly created Digital Business Unit located in Geneva and Madrid and you will have the great opportunity to #unleash the digital potential for JTI customers and consumer through data.
You will work on strategic Digital Data initiatives with a strong focus on leverage data to accelerate customer and consumers experience. You will be responsible to design an actionable strategy to ingest, enrich and activate the information at every step of the consumer journey to drive smarter commercial decisions.
You will support JTI markets to design and shape a business oriented Digital Data Strategy to generate value leveraging industry and market knowledge plus internal/external data to accelerate the transformation or to empower the execution.
In addition to advanced analytic skills, you will also have to be proficient at assessing and evaluate customer/consumer data maturity level, design and develop roadmaps to become a data driven company, co-create data use cases engaging HQ and markets business stakeholders.
What will you actually do and what will be your key responsibilities?
- define the Consumer Data Strategy across JTI with a strong initial focus on: first party consumer database, automated consumer tagging and segmentation, consumer journey automation (e.g. “if-this-then-that engine”)
- develop Data Strategy playbooks and define quick wins solutions across markets & create channel-specific data ingestion and activation strategies across touchpoints
- define data governance templates (including roles & responsibilities for MVPs)
- collaborate across digital business unit (digital consumer, digital drumbeat) and cross functional streams to drive the digital strategy across JTI, closely collaborate with Data Analysts and Data Scientists to ensure the strategy is correctly executed
- manage third-party suppliers
- manage respective budget
What are we looking for?
- You have Master’s Degree in Data Science, Economics, Statistics, Applied Math, Physics, Operations Research, Engineering or a related field
- You have several years of business professional experience (with relevant industry experience) focusing on business data strategy across multinational FMCG organizations
- You are passionate about challenging data problems, finding insights in data, and applying your conclusions to drive clear and practical business impact.
- You have proven experience in define Web analytics, E-commerce, Data Segmentation and Data activation strategies.
- You have proven experience in define a strategic roadmap for unified customer/ consumer CRM strategies
- You have understanding of emerging technology trends and impact on operating model
- You have strong interpersonal skills and ability to identify and collaborate with key stakeholders across functions
- You have strong organizational, analytical, and decision-making skills, ability to anticipate and solve problems
- You enjoy project management and you have experience of managing cross functional projects with remote/indirect teams and experience with reporting/communication at senior level
- You have digital mindset, you are consumer centric, entrepreneurial and curious
You as a person:
- Fluent English
- Strong organisational and project management skills, self-starter
- Have strong interpersonal management skills and ability to work in indirect/remote teams, if needed
- Analytical skills, ability to synthetize and drive decisions
- Expert in presentation, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms to all levels of management including senior leaders
- High computer literacy and ability to quickly learn and understand new software and technological trends
- Team player