Job Title: Digital Marketing and Communications Executive
Reports to: Head of Conferences and Events &Training Manager
Salary: Competitive remuneration package plus benefits.
Location: Geneva, Switzerland/Europe with international travel requirements.
FIDIC is the umbrella body representing the business interests of the global consulting engineering industry. Its membership consists of over 100 member associations (MA) countries that represent over one million engineering professionals and 40,000 firms worldwide.
FIDIC was formed in 1913 and is governed by elected board of directors, operationally led by a focused team based at the FIDIC HQ Office in Geneva Switzerland under the leadership of the chief executive officer and operational executive team.
FIDIC operates through five geographical regions namely, Europe (EFCA), Africa (GAMA), Asia Pacific (ASPAC), Latin America (FEPAC) and North American (USA & Canada) groups. Full details of the FIDIC governance structure and activities are available at www.fidic.org.
With the growing demands for expansion of its business through its federation and commercial activities globally, FIDIC is looking for an experienced and results-driven Digital Marketing Executive to join our marketing and communications team. As a Digital Marketing Executive at FIDIC, and reporting to the Head of Conferences & Events and Training Manager, you will be responsible for helping to develop and implement the company’s digital marketing strategy focused on the FIDIC commercial activities.
Digital marketing strategies are extremely important for FIDIC’s success, so the appointed candidate will play a crucial role in achieving our business goals and objectives. This will be a full-time and permanent position, report to the both Head of Conference & Event (50%) and Training Manager (50%) and will oversee the following core activities:
2.1 Commercial Activities – all FIDIC commercial-related business activities including publications, conferences, awards, training and other events programme etc.
2.2 Conference, Training, Awards and other Events – FIDIC global infrastructure conferences, contract users’ conferences, regional conferences, suite of contracts – development, publishing, contract users’ trainings, awards (Project, Contract and Member Association), and other third-party relationships. The overall annual conference planning, programme development, selection of speakers, promotion and execution of the programme will be supported by the Digital Marketing and Communications Executive, working closely with the federation operations team.
2.3 Education, Training & Development Programme – FIDIC currently runs over 100 annual education and training programmes delivered on-line or in-class through its accredited trainers across its operating regions. The appointed candidate will provide project management assistance on the planning, marketing, sales communication and delivery of these training programme reporting to the FIDIC Training Manager.
This is a new position created to boost FIDIC’s digital market position and visibility with key members and key stakeholders. The appointed candidate will report to FIDIC’s Head of Conferences and Events & Training Manager and also have the opportunity to work closely with the operations director(s), externally appointed consultant/s and other senior management team members to contribute to the FIDIC digital marketing strategy.
Summary of Responsibilities
Generally responsible for developing, implementing and overseeing the digital marketing strategy of the events and training/educational activities, in collaboration with the marketing and communications team.
To help formulate the digital marketing and communications policy of the organisation, nationally, regionally and internationally and ensure that a planned and consistent message is followed.
To assist with the planning, managing and implementing FIDIC’s conference, events and training growth strategy through expansion of current portfolio including maximising business development initiatives
Reporting to FIDIC’s Head of Conferences and Events & Training Manager, to help develop and be responsible for the operational management of FIDIC’s digital marketing platforms, corporate website and all social media platforms.
To deputise for the Head of Conference & Events and Training Manager on all FIDIC conference, events and training related matters
To work with FIDIC’s senior management team and key industry stakeholders in developing and delivering business enhancement services to FIDIC members.
Duties and Responsibilities
Build, plan and implement the digital marketing strategy for the FIDIC commercial activities, in collaboration with internal staff and external communication consultants.
Assist with development and management of FIDIC’s yearly programme of conferences, events, seminars, awards and workshops.
Research, identify and develop marketing channels and sales strategies to ensure the profitability and success of FIDIC conference, events and training programmes.
Take project management responsibility for the planning, logistical management and smooth running of events.
Stay up to date with the latest technology and best practices.
Manage all digital marketing channels and measure ROI and KPIs.
Manage and improve online content, considering SEO and Google Analytics.
Forecast and monitor performance against social media performance trends.
Assist with co-ordination of all event administration and act as a point of contact for all conference and training related sales and communications.
Maintain and further develop client relationship management databases.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with the ability to deliver work to a high standard of accuracy and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent commercial and sales communication skills, including strong written English, and ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- BA or BSc degree in marketing, digital technologies or relevant field.
- At least five to seven years’ experience of working as a digital marketing executive in the engineering and construction or other related industry.
- Three years’ experience in developing and implementing digital marketing strategies.
- Three years of hands-on experience with SEO/SEM, Google Analytics and CRM software.
- Sales-driven attitude
- Good knowledge of all different digital marketing channels, in particular social media.
- Good working knowledge and experience of using the current FIDIC Events and Conference management software (B-COM, Zoom, …) or similar technology platform toward the delivery of the annual infrastructure Conference
- Good knowledge and experience with online marketing tools and best practices.
- Familiarity with web design, management and optimisation process.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on a company’s success.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player and good time management skills. Ability to work to tight deadlines, prioritise workload and manage multiple tasks.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work in an international environment. Tactful, diplomatic with good negotiation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accurate in the production of reports and statistics.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply to the FIDIC chief executive with a one-page covering letter and a maximum 2-page CV, setting out how their capabilities match the core activities set out above.
All applications must be addressed to the FIDIC CEO and mailed to the FIDIC office administrator, Ulrike Schiefer, at uschiefer(at)fidic.org by the closing date of 15 September 2020.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent