We are looking for a highly experienced commercial leader to join one of the most prestigious day and boarding international schools in Switzerland.
You can download a full application pack using this link: https://bit.ly/3kETZab”.
Collège du Léman is one of Geneva’s largest international schools, helping students to find their place in the world by inspiring individual growth, academic excellence and global citizenship. Located on the edge of Lake Geneva, in full view of the Swiss Alps, it is an exceptional place to live and work.
The school has a truly international community with more than 100 different nationalities of students and 40 nationalities of staff. Students enjoy a broad range of national and international curricula, with English, French and Bilingual programmes of study, and go on to leading universities around the world.
As part of the Nord Anglia family of 69 schools worldwide this role is an exciting opportunity to develop a career with the world’s leading premium education organisation.
Working with the school Director General , Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and Marketing, Admissions and Communications (MAC) teams (school, region and global) you will create an outstanding experience for parents, students and partners throughout every stage of the Family Experience Journey (FEJ) from Awareness to Consideration, to Purchase and to Advocacy.
You will set all relevant policies, procedures, quality and customer service standards and ensure delivery to all prospective families and influencers. You will be an exceptional leader of people, able to coach and develop your team members whilst influencing across the school. You’ll be a valued member of the School SLT and act as an ambassador for the school through external outreach.
Tasked with meeting challenging performance indicators, the Director of Admissions and Marketing (DAM) will have a proven track record in achieving commercial outcomes, and experience of strategic marketing and recruitment, and customer relationship management.
Proactivity, energy and an efficient way of working will be key, as will be empathy, personal warmth, emotional intelligence and an ability to inspire confidence and respect. You will have significant leadership experience within a complex environment and the ability to build credible and long-term relationships with all stakeholders.
You will need an appropriate level of qualification, the leadership skills and experience necessary to lead and develop the department, together with an understanding of the character and mission of the school.
Adapt and implement the Family Experience Journey for the school.
- Lead the design and delivery of all key touch-points for parents and children throughout the entire FEJ, based on a deep understanding of their needs so that families experience the school’s story and promises in action.
- Lead, develop and execute best practice throughout the entire FEJ leveraging the global toolkit, framework communications and striving for outstanding standards.
- Lead the implementation of the Collège du Léman and Nord Anglia Admissions Signatures leveraging the global toolkit and examples of best practice.
Lead, coach and guide the Admissions team to deliver annual enrolment targets.
- Develop, execute and regularly monitor marketing, retention and admissions plans.
- Lead and drive strategies to generate enquiries through both online and offline campaigns.
- Develop key processes and lead team to guide parents and students through the admissions process, making the experience positive, straightforward and engaging throughout.
- Oversee all parent communication to ensure responsiveness (24-hour response times during working week), quality (written and verbal language, structure and attention to detail) and attitude (team warmth and enthusiasm).
Lead, coach and develop the team to maintain accurate data in school systems, enabling responsive decision making through the enrolment process and accurate forecasting during annual planning.
- Oversee data capture and lead management through the school CRM system and ensure that team adhere to Collège du Léman and NAE business rules in relation to data capture and management.
- Lead the review of school enrolment data to identify opportunities and risks and develop plans to unlock and mitigate.
Lead, coach and guide the Marketing & Communications team to understand the needs of internal and external stakeholders and develop marketing and communications strategies and activities which deliver the key school messages in a timely, relevant and engaging way.
- Together with the Head of Brand and Regional Director of Admissions & Marketing, develop the school brand equity and USP within local market parent and competitor context, together with the school message house and brand style guide.
- Oversee the implementation of the school brand style guide to ensure consistency and quality of positioning and visual identity in all school collateral including integrating Nord Anglia marketing campaigns such as Juilliard, MIT, UNICEF and Global Campus.
- Accountability for a yearly MAC budget and the appropriate stewardship of CDL resources
Provide appropriate leadership, coaching and best practice sharing to MAC team, the Director General, SLT, academic faculty and regional / global MAC team.
- Lead, coach and develop school Marketing, Admissions and Communications team members to deliver against targets.
- Support the Director General to develop a culture where the school engages as one and works to ensure admissions is a whole school responsibility.
- Degree level education.
- English mother tongue (required).
- Bilingual French (a bonus but not required).
- 7-10 years’ experience in a commercial role (marketing/sales) role with demonstrated success in growing/increasing sales in a competitive market.
- Experience across one or more of: 1) Companies with an emphasis on customer service (e.g. hospitality); 2) Companies with an emphasis on luxury goods or services; 3)The education sector: this is a bonus and not a requirement.
- Strong analytical skills and proven record of using data and research to support strategy and planning.
- Demonstrated team leadership, coaching and development skills.
- Experience with CRM system(s), ensuring robust data capture and action tracking.
- Experience in using digital and social media trends and tools to build relationships with customers/partners.
- A passion for education.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills (diplomatic and persuasive).
- Sets high expectations for themselves and their teams.
- Exhibits high levels of empathy.
- Highly flexible.
- Continuously looks for improvements and solutions to problems.
- Comfortable with both analytical and creative work.
- All Collège du Léman staff and students are expected to model our RISE values of Respect, Internationalism, School Spirit and Excellence.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT COLLÈGE DU LÉMAN
- Competitive salary.
- 35 days vacation per year plus public holidays.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Relocation support.
- Free lunches and parking on campus.
- Collège du Léman was recently ranked in the Top 5 of Employers in the Suisse Romande region of Switzerland.
- You will be a part of networked admissions and marketing team where ideas, learning and best practice are shared. This vibrant cross border exchange and collaboration is encouraged and supported at every level and is exciting to be a part of.
- Global career paths within Nord Anglia are available across schools and in regional and head-office positions after 3+ years.
Expected Start Date: 01/03/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent