The Vaccine Policy Director will lead efforts on advancing Immunization Access Policies globally on behalf of Johnson & Johnson. This includes leading strategic engagement with key stakeholders in global immunization policy and funding such as the WHO, Gavi, UNICEF. The position will report into the Global Policy team, part of the Worldwide Government Affairs and Policy of Johnson & Johnson and work in close collaboration with the Global Public Health and Janssen Infectious Diseases & Vaccines organizations.
Worldwide Government Affairs & Policy shapes the global policy environment so Johnson & Johnson can deliver innovative and sustainable solutions for patients and consumers and deliver measurable impact on our business objectives.
We’re guided by our global strategy, developed in close collaboration with the business segments and the enterprise. By anticipating shifts in political dynamics and government policies, we identify emerging external challenges and opportunities.
As a partner to the Global Public Health and Janssen teams, we find solutions through public policy and external partner relationships. Our goal is to deliver on Our Promise: unleashing the power of people and policy to create a healthier future for all.
- Structure and lead a “Global Vaccine Policy Committee” – an internal coordinating mechanism to ensure one voice on policy work across the organization (WWGA&P, Janssen GCSO, Janssen R&D, GPH, Operating Companies), including:
Define the overall J&J/Janssen vaccine policy agenda and agenda item leaders;
Align on trade association engagement strategy globally;
Identify and staff opportunities for thought leadership in Global forums and events regarding vaccine development, access, pricing, immunization systems and deployment;
Develop tools needed and build capabilities across the enterprise to support vaccine policy plans;
Align on and provide strategic direction and global perspective to regions/local, facilitate development of regional/local plans
- Serve as a subject matter expert to inform a variety of vaccine policy topics and to enable collaboration with other policy colleagues to understand how these topics impact the life-cycle of vaccines from manufacturing to distribution to administration across low, middle and high income countries.
- Monitor fiscal, economic and sociopolitical trends that shape the policy landscape and provide routine situational awareness to cross-functional teams.
- Assess global policy gaps for immunization access and develop plan to address.
- Develop in alignment with Janssen GCSO and GPH company policy positions regarding access, pricing policy, immunization systems.
- Develop tools (e.g., talking points, policy briefs and position papers, policy evaluation frameworks) and support capability building for global and regional teams to effectively execute global policy strategies.
- Facilitate execution of product-specific policy strategy and related external engagement plan through WWGA&P teams.
- Support engagement of the Global Public Health team and regional commercial teams with global vaccines policy-makers and partners to facilitate access & implementation in low- and mid—income countries (GAVI/PAHO/WHO)
Degree in Science, Health Policy, Public Health, Law or other relevant areas of specialization
- Strong knowledge of vaccine, vaccination and public health policies.
- Consistent record in identifying policy trends affecting public and private health sector and/or the biopharmaceutical or vaccine Research & Development industry and advancing policy solutions.
- Knowledge of public health, healthcare systems and immunization systems.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to identify strategic priorities, bring together different internal groups and deliver results.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and be able to lead up, down and across for results.
- Strong cross-cultural and teamwork skills.
- Sound ethical judgement and integrity and an ability to build effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to influence and effectively lead internal and external audiences to desired outcomes.
- Ability to advance on multiple priorities under pressure
- Strong program management skills.
- Drive to make a difference!
- Foreign language skills
- Experience working on multi-lateral organizations or government agencies
- Experience working with industry groups and alliances
The role can be filled in any central European location, with a preference for Brussels-Belgium and Geneva-Switzerland.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United Kingdom, Switzerland-Geneva-Geneva, Italy, Germany, Spain, France
Johnson & Johnson NCB (7547)