The Senior Advocacy and Communication Officer will be the expert in charge of developing and implementing the DLP’sinternal and external communication and advocacy strategy in order to position the IFRC as leader on disaster law, disseminate success stories and impacts, and promote scaling of the DLP’s guidance tools and innovations. The position will foster National Red Cross Red Crescent Societies effective communication and build connectivity and collaboration between National Societies in the area of disaster law. The position will use a range of digital communication methods and tools that can educate, engage and inspire across the disaster law’s network. Utilising both digital engagement across the network and in person experiences at workshops and events, the Senior Advocacy and Communication Officer will create compelling cross-media story-telling and inspiring communications experiences.
Job Duties & Responsibilities 1
The role will focus on:
- Developing and implementing a communication and advocacy strategy and plan of actions for the DLP at headquarters and Regional DLP delegations.
- Promoting IFRC’s work on disaster law: source successful innovations and activities happening in the RCRC and convert these to compelling communications products (such as digital cross-media storytelling, case studies, showpieces and audio-visual/immersive experiences) that are impacting the disaster-related sector including governments, parliamentarians, regional organizations, donors, the academia and the communities we work with;
- Through innovative and engaging ways, ensure that the disaster-related sector is aware of key guidance tools, innovations, events and initiatives happening in the DLP network;
- Build the digital engagement channels and platform of the DLP to ensure access to a wider internal and external audience;
- Promote and develop strategies to encourage user-designed content and products as well as digital collaboration spaces and participatory platforms eg. digital engagement in meetings and events;
- Develop and promote the DLP throughout the RCRC network.
- Enhance the DLP work through social media and other relevant channels.
- Develop a digital image library for the use of the programme (including images and infographics).
- Develop a DLP digital newsletter.
Job Duties & Responsibilities 2
The role will cover a broad range of communication and advocacy areas of the DLP such as:
- Strategic communication and planning
- Advocacy and diplomacy
- National Society communication
- Branding, corporate communication and marketing
- Media relations, web communication and social media
- Design, editorial process and production
- Messaging and advocacy approach to key global and regional events and conferences with regard to disaster law and legislative advocacy goals
- Identifying innovative opportunities and new communications tools and platforms which can serve to highlight the work of DLP
- Drafting publications, brochures, fact sheets, stories from the field to inform media and general public on the work of DLP in the region, and globally
Supporting formatting and editing of DLP documents.
- University degree in communication and/or multimedia
- A least 8 years of experience as communication and advocacy senior officer
- Experience in developing communication/advocacy products in the disaster-related sector
- RC/RC experience
- Field experience
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Ability to convert complex information into simple and compelling storytelling and cross-media communications products
- Experience with digital communication and social media, web design and managing web content including drafting and editing the related materials
- Expertise in marketing, business and strategic communication
- Highly developed graphic design concept creation and visual communications design skills. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud software (or similar)
- Knowledge of development affairs
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Comfortable with collaborating and influencing distributed people and teams in a matrix environment
- Highly creative, entrepreneurial and innovative
- Flexible and adaptive
- Experience with immersive communications methods such as 360 images and video, virtual reality and augmented reality
- Experience in on-line outreach and multimedia an asset
Fluently spoken and written English.
Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic)
Competencies and Values
- Trust building
- Empowering others
- National Society Relations
Job Reference: IFRC03829