JTI is a leading international tobacco company with operations in more than 120 countries. We’re the global owner of world-renowned brands such as Winston, the number two cigarette brand in the world, and Camel (outside the US). Our global brands also include Mevius, LD and Natural American Spirit, and we manufacture the internationally recognized Logic e-cigarette brand and Ploom Tech, a major brand in the heated tobacco category.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, we employ over 45’000 people across the globe. We were recently awarded Global Top Employer for the fifth consecutive year with regional Top Employer Certification in Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America, Africa and the Middle East. This is recognition of our outstanding talent strategy, energizing culture and commitment to learning and development. Our Geneva HQ is Equal-Salary Certified.
We are a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. For more information visit www.jti.com.
Who we are?
The Digital Business Unit team is team of professionals passionate about consumer and customer centricity, building digital capabilities and innovation. Our main goal is to #unleash the power of JTI through Digital.
We work closely with markets and functions to accelerate growth through winning digital consumer & customer experience and increase efficiency & effectiveness via focused digital execution.
What do we offer?
The digital team based in Geneva is a growing centre of excellence focused on building modern global brands. A key part of this is to accelerate our eCommerce performance at a global level. We are looking for a commercially minded person to manage our trading and conversion strategies, supporting our local markets to achieve their net sales targets. The individual should have a deep understanding of digital sales and channel optimisation. They will be responsible for defining revenue targets, strategies to enhance qualified traffic, lead conversion and average order value at a global level and translating them into local success models. This role is about defining a strategic target and providing markets with the tools and confidence to achieve them.
As we move to exponentially grow our eCommerce and online sales over the next years, we need an individual to performance manage our revenue targets. Working with the wider digital team, the role will add a commercial lens to all of our digital strategies. It is about providing a core focus set against a set of performance targets that need to be translated into market objectives. The commercial manager willl also be responsible for providing business requirements into the technical teams and global infrastructure.
The position of eCommerce Operations Manager demands extensive cross-functional collaboration, good communication skills, excellent commercial skills with a performance driven mindset that drives our vision and objectives.
What will you actually do and what will be your key responsibilities?
- Commercial Revenue Targets: Driving a commercial target and margins across our websites through strategic planning to support market activation. This is about providing strategic support, playbooks and models to help markets achieve their revenue and margin targets. The candidate will bring strong leadership through actionable tactics and strategies to build the capability at a market level and to coordinate activities to drive revenue targets.
- Maintain A Strong Purchasing Funnel: Accelerate the acquisition of qualified traffic, both through traffic drivers and online mechanics. Work with global and local marketing teams to improve our media strategies. Ensure a robust set of tools and tactics for markets around acquisition and retention. Coordinate the implementation of platforms, campaigns across vendors, agencies and internal stakeholders. Lead future thinking in new tools and tactics.
- Platform Ownership: Ensure a robust set of platform requirements, feeding business needs into the technical teams. Act as product owner for all functional roadmaps, with a strong view and opinion on development. Act as a sponsor and driver for modern eCommerce technologies across the eCommerce teck stack. Ensure a strong working relationship with the development teams to ensure a timely delivery of new eCommerce functionality to support consumer needs.
- Performance Orientated: Strong performance management attitude to support activation across all channels. Ability to provide proactive feedback to markets and activation teams (content, technology and strategy) to improve the delivery of sales and marketing campaigns. Set clear KPI’s and ensure a learning approach that focuses on ROI and business impact. Demonstrate a data driven mindset to refine the eCommerce process, feeding back tangible and actionable insights and consumer journey planning into the business.
- Content & Programmes: Be able to define and activate best in class programs to cover all CRM needs. Provide a continuous learning program with an eye on performance and analytics to support decision making. Work closely with the brand and insights teams to develop a structured data collection and activation strategy to support a multi-brand and multi-market organization. Ability to translate global models into actionable and measured toolkits
- Stakeholder & Agency Management: Experience in managing and educating stakeholders in all things digital, providing the markets with the confidence to achieve their targets. Be able to translate digital activity into business metrics, provide a go-to source of online sales expertise and proactively educate the wider organization. Ensure smooth working between vendors, internal departments and key activation stakeholders.
- People management: Grow, educate and guide the team in the specific field of expertise. Show a passion for digital that is translated into campaigns, content and activation programmes. Be a thought leader in modern marketing techniques.
What are we looking for?
You as a professional:
- Have a university degree of equivalent vocational training in marketing / digital
- 7+ years of proven work experience in a performance orientated eCommerce environment
- Experience in defining commercial targets and translating them into tangible results
- Responsible for continual performance monitoring, setting and monitoring key KPI’s and targets
- Define the eCommerce performance strategy, executing new initiatives and provide continual updates to support targets
- Experience in working with external acquisition tools, DTC, 3rd Party and other online sales channels
- Working closely with the brand teams to ensure a truly embedded consumer experience across all our channels, as well as defining the online channel mix requirements
- Proven ability to manage complex market structures and teams
- Work closely with operations to ensure back end platform integrity and fulfilment
- Performance and analytical mindset (metrics, KPI’s and measurement frameworks)
- Proven ability to work within and manage complex matrix organisations
You as a person:
- Fluent English
- Excellent communications skills: written and verbal
- Excellent understanding of CRM technology and tools
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and experience
- Ability to communicate across functions and business units
- Strong organisational and project management skills, cross-functional collaboration