CATERPILLAR GRADUATE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been building the world’s infrastructure, and in partnership with CAT dealers, is driving positive and sustainable changes on every continent. A Fortune 500 company, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines and industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company also is a leading services provider through Caterpillar Financial Services, Caterpillar Remanufacturing Services, Caterpillar Logistics Services and Progress Rail Services.
Within our Geneva head office located, we offer a complete Graduate Internship Program for a period of 13 months from 1 July 2020 (preferably 1 June) to 31 July 2021.
The Caterpillar Graduate Internship Program is a mix of on-the-job learning, coupled with personal development and training in a specialized field.
With us you will:
- Have the opportunity to make the next step in your education more meaningful by providing
practical on-the-job learning in an international business environment.
- Transform academic learning into business solutions while working on real projects
- Develop a personal network in the business world
- Experience a team concept that combines the skills and expertise of people from varied professional disciplines and backgrounds
- Be part of a challenging work environment where initiative and innovation is encouraged and rewarded
- Work for a global leader
Graduate Internship Opportunities
Each year we offer roles in different key functional areas such as:
- Engineering (Service & Sales Operations Support)
- Marketing & Sales, Marketing Communications, Digital
- Data Analytics, Business Analysis
- Job Site Solutions
- Finance, Treasury, Accounting, Tax
- Human Resources
We are interested in young graduates who have recently finalized their studies with a Bachelor’s or Master’s level in any of the following domains: Accounting, Business, Economics, Engineering, Finance, International Studies, Legal Studies, Marketing, Social Sciences, Political Science, and/or another relevant field.
Job Purpose and Responsibilities: Provide support to Caterpillar’s Geneva based Europe, Africa & Middle East Marketing Talent Development manager in the areas of Development and event Logistics support. The role will help meet our teams’ objective of delivering high quality development programs for future Caterpillar Representatives and other key roles within the company.
The candidate will have unique access to premium training due to their position normally accessible only to selected employees that will provide them with a great understanding of our industry, our customers & dealers and our business models within Europe, Africa and Middle East.
The candidate will work as a Talent Development Graduate.
Event coordination work:
- Support organize three times 2 week training events in 2020 and first half of 2021 in Geneva, Dubai, UK and China
- Event Logistics
- Create a premium experience for each participant
- Support organize a 14-week training event for key employees, September to December 2020
- Event coordination and logistics
- Support of employees with relocation needs
- Create surveys and consolidate feedback
- Support with visa issues
- Support of all employees in development in during their developmental assignments with relocation needs, and logistics
- Assist in budgeting.
- Create Promotional plan for the different development offerings
- Apply Customer Experience principles to participants
- Elaborate surveys and analyze results
- Create improvement plan for each element
- BA or MA degree in Business, Mining or Engineering
- Experience in event organization (camps, forums, associations)
- Fluent in English and at least one of these: French, German, Chinese, Russian or Arabic
- Great people skills and attention to details
- Swiss citizen, holder of a B permit or EU citizen
- Ready to travel 15% of their time, with potential peak at 40% in the fall
- Some work experience in an industry served by Caterpillar
- Event organization with over 20 people, over several days
- Good negotiation skills
- Interest in technical themes – mechanics, electrical or operational themes
- Interest of being temporarily relocated in the future
Please submit your resume and cover letter in English, copies of diplomas & any work certificates on www.caterpillar/careers