eCommerce Web Merchandiser (Temporary contract 9 months)
Dept : Europe eCommerce
Date : From January 2020 to October 2020
Reports to : eCommerce Marketing manager Europe
This job description is not meant to be an all inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.
General Position Summary:
Responsible to implement the seasonal collections for both Columbia & SOREL brands, and optimize merchandising of the collections in order to maximize conversion, sales and profitability of the European online business.
- Lead seasonal update of all products (product titles, product pages attributes, technologies, product & lifestyle pictures, technical information, category assignment…)
- Manage the Lifestyle / In studio / Product Pictures need per season and coordinate the Photo Shooting with the US team in order to cover all the EU picture needs
- Manage day to day update of products and category pages
- Leverage Salesforce Commerce Cloud capabilities over all aspects of site merchandising and optimization to achieve target KPIs
- Analyze sales, returns and site analytics reports in order to identify opportunities on a weekly/monthly basis in order to improve user experience, achieve sales objectives and increase conversion
- Identify merchandising opportunities to drive revenue
- Plan, test and refine product listings, site search filtering and categorization tactics that facilitate efficient search, prioritization of key concepts, and reinforce a positive brand experience
- Build and nurture relationships with Buying, Digital/Brand Marketing, Copywriting, Product Merchandising, Consumer care service, to get all needed information to ensure successful product and site experience.
- Build and leverage relationships with US teams to share practices and common processes, to request technical support, and to contribute to the implementation of new functionalities of the website.
- Work closely with the Content Manager by following marketing initiatives, to create engaging and relevant landing page / email experiences (providing the right products to push, by creating the right category pages)
- Manage all promotional campaigns / coupon codes and work closely with the whole team to propose the best promotion at the best moment
- Manage the Employee promotional campaigns
- Be an active player in new tools implementation, able to actively propose new ideas and solutions
- Benchmark other web sites to propose improvement and best practices
- Responsible for process improvement and development as it relates to Ecommerce efforts.
- Maintain positive open lines of communication with all Columbia Sportswear management, staff and other departments and contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The incumbent must constantly adapt to new situations and responsibilities as the business environment is changing continuously. Job is frequently varied and may include new or unique work assignments involving a moderately high degree of complexity. Duties are performed with general supervision and work is checked or verified by results. Decisions are made within general departmental guidelines. Errors in judgment could negatively impact the sales.
Position is not supervisory in nature.
Job Specific Skills:
- Strong web culture, technologies, e-marketing, Social, SEO…
- Details and Product oriented
- Customer experience focused
- Experience with SFCC or other Ecommerce Platform (Magento, etc)
- Experience with Scene7, Adobe Analytics, Adobe Experience Manager would be a plus
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and web tools
- Excellent problem-solving skills – able to identify, analyze and propose solutions to technical and business issues
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Ability to conceptualize, scope, and execute projects to strict deadlines
- A demonstrated ability to work as a team player
- Oral and written in French and English. Another EU language is a plus
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Merchandising or Marketing
- 3-5 years of experience in international website merchandising or ecommerce background
- Experience working with FMCG such as: fashion and sportswear (apparel, accessories and footwear) preferred
Type d’emploi : Temporaire, Durée déterminée
- web merchandiser: 2 ans (Souhaité)
- english (Requis)
- french (Requis)