The Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) is one of the most dynamic university campuses in Europe and ranks among the top 20 universities worldwide. The EPFL employs 6,000 people supporting the three main missions of the institutions: education, research and innovation. The EPFL campus offers an exceptional working environment at the heart of a community of 16,000 people, including over 10,000 students and 3,500 researchers from 120 different countries.
The EPFL Extension School is growing rapidly and we are looking for a talented Events & Logistics Coordinator to help us expand our reach and impact. This is an extremely hands-on role with focus on two key areas: firstly, providing support to our marketing team as we expand the reach of our events and secondly, coordinating our physical expansion as we add new offices across Switzerland. We are part of the EPFL but we are also essentially a start-up, and our efforts must reflect a consistently agile approach.
- Define and coordinate the events schedule for all events including but not limited to, graduation ceremonies, learner and alumni events, Meetups and workshops led by our staff, conferences, hackathons, Applied Machine Learning Days and associated events.
- For all EPFL Extension School events or events we sponsor, lead event planning and management of communications, budget, schedule, speakers, venue, supporting materials (marketing, technical and other), expectations for staff/participants, catering and other contractors/suppliers;
- With our marketing team, define/identify desired ROI for all events and plan/execute on internal and external communications needed to achieve them;
- Manage and support EPFL Extension School onsite presence at relevant events and conferences;
- Manage and enhance relevant inventory of marketing materials including brochures, factsheets, stickers, roll-ups and posters, t-shirts, notebooks, and other « swag » and collateral;
- Be responsible for all office inventory: from computers and software licenses to desks and chairs to pens and staplers;
- In collaboration with the marketing team, contribute to and create pre- and post-event communications and other marketing collateral (printed invitations, social media posts, newsletters, etc.), as needed;
- Manage, with EPFL resource teams, the office park of the EPFL Extension School (Lausanne, Geneva and other sites in the future): contracts, facilities, furniture, team relocations, ordering materials for new hires, etc.
- Previous commercial experience in a customer-facing
- Previous experience in a hands-on, operational role, including contract negotiation and budgeting
- Previous experience in event coordination
- Mastery of written and spoken English and French
- Familiarity with the Swiss events scene (venues, ticketing systems, caterers, etc.)
- Excellent relationship/supplier management and people skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Self-starter, capable of autonomous work and taking initiative
- Comfortable working in a distributed/remote and fast-paced work environment, often with asynchronous communications
- Start-up experience a plus
- Agile marketing/project management experience a plus
What our team loves about working here:
- The opportunity for a career with room for both professional ambitions and personal/family commitments
- Time on the job to learn new skills and earn professional certifications
- The opportunity to work in a role where we touch the lives of thousands of people every day
- Being part of a team that shares the same vision and supports each other to achieve our goals
- Being part of our learners’ journeys, helping them to overcome problems and build new skills
- Working in an environment where autonomy, creativity, initiative and risk-taking are valued and supported
About the EPFL Extension School:
The EPFL Extension School exists because we want to help people up-skill in all things digital. We do this because there are enormous opportunities for people with these skills. This is how we create value for our learners.
Start date :
Immediately or to be defined.
Term of employment :
Work rate :
Place of work:
Campus Biotech, Geneva or EPFL Innovation Park, Lausanne
Please apply via the following link ONLY: