GCERF is the global fund for preventing violent extremism. Based in Geneva, GCERF supports grassroots initiatives tackling the drivers of radicalisation in Bangladesh, Kenya, Kosovo, Mali, Nigeria, Tunisia and the Philippines.
Purpose of Position
The External Affairs Intern will support the External Affairs team in increasing GCERF’s visibility, enhancing its public reputation and refining its digital identity.
Organisational Setting and Reporting Relationships
The External Affairs Intern will be accountable to the Head of External Affairs. He/she will work in close collaboration with other members of the unit, as well as well as with colleagues in GCERF’s Portfolio Management and Performance and Impact units.
· Assist with maintaining, updating, and developing GCERF’s social media content;
· Design external communication materials including factsheets, infographics, brochures, illustrations, maps and formatting for external reports;
· Conduct media monitoring;
· Maintain and organise digital assets library (photos, videos, infographics);
· Provide administrative support to the unit such as file management, review of publications stock, and outreach mailbox monitoring;
· Assist with visits/events management and logistical arrangements including social media, photo/video taking, and venue management;
· Collaborate with PMU to develop and update GCERF promotional materials;
· Conduct research on development topics when required;
· Undertake other duties as requested by the supervisor.
Previous experience or demonstrated interest for the non-profit sector, graphic design and social media will be an asset.
Experience in one or more of the following fields is a strong advantage: digital marketing, desktop publishing and proficiency in the Adobe Suite for designing and editing communication materials.
· Professionalism: Knowledge of the technical of the position, attention to detail and commitment to achieving results.
· C_o_mmunication: Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
· Accountability: Takes ownership of projects and pride in their work.
· T_eamwork_: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve identified goals.
· Planning and Organising: Develops clear objectives; identifies and focuses on priorities; monitors performance and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
· C_o_mmitment to Continuous Learning: Keeps abreast of new developments in relevant fields of thematic or functional expertise; contributes to the learning of colleagues.
Undergraduate or advanced university degree in public relations, communications, digital marketing, or any other related field.
Fluency in English is required; knowledge of French is an advantage.
Internship Duration: 6 months, on a full-time basis.
A stipend of CHF 1,500 per month is provided.
Application Deadline: 10 January 2020
How to Apply: Please visit our website at http://www.gcerf.org/about-us/career-opportunities/.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Salary: CHF1,500.00 /month