As we create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through chemistry, we invite you to join our team to harness the power of chemistry to shape markets, redefine industries and improve lives for billions of people around the world.
In line with Chemours policies & targets, for Fluoroproducts (FLPR) business in EMEA, the FLPR EMEA Supply Chain Manager leads and manages all teams and activities of Supply Chain, from defining to effectively and efficiently implementing the strategy and objectives.
He/She evaluates the competitiveness of the regional business supply chain with respect to service, cost and investments; he/she defines and puts in place improvements and new models, to ensure that customer needs and business requirements are better served; he/she drives the change towards the full organization, including Sourcing and Logistics (raw materials, packaging, transport…).
The role will encompass the following key aspects:
Define, implement, and continually improve the Supply Chain strategy
- He/she must ensure consistent processes and tools to deliver competitive priorities.
- Helps establish the global and regional supply chain performance targets and evaluates actual performance in support of business and functional strategies.
- Identifies the appropriate model(s) necessary for supply chain optimization and recommends actions to the Global SC leadership and Business team. Sets up the relevant standards (methods & tools) & maturity road maps to reach supply chain excellence.
- Designs and puts in place new delivery models. Interfaces with the Global Commercial Operations Director, Regional Supply Chain Managers, and Business Leaders, to develop optimized, cost effective supply chain plans to meet the demand. Builds and ensures capability, leveragability, and execution of supply chain processes and best practices.
- Manages the change: leads integration and cross functional communication of the supply chain plans (key interfaces include: SCL, Business Leadership, Sourcing, Logistics, Mfg, Sales & Marketing/Demand, Customer Service, etc.)
- Ensures that supply scenarios are available to meet demand and plans accordingly if the supply and demand is not balanced.
- Provides, advises and takes appropriate decision on technology & systems improvements
- Driving process simplification, standardization and the transformation to new SC Planning Tools
- Defines, prioritizes and manage Lean/Six Sigma project activities in pursuit of supply chain improvement.
- Owns the integrity of data in applicable systems.
- Contribute to the SC Map Value Stream Map & analysis
Ensure product supply
- Manage packaging, raw materials, and finished goods plans including distribution and inventory.
- Oversight of Plant Production for capacity and production to plan performance and Third Party Contract Manufacturing in all aspects of performance
- With the Demand Manager, define and communicate order acceptance and handling policies that balance customer requirements with supply chain capabilities
- Integral leader in the CIBM process. Leads the appropriate portions of the monthly Supply Review.
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures for safety stock, lead time, MTO / MTS strategies, schedule changes and appropriate approvals.
- Meet customer delivery requirements within policies / procedures and compliance with regulatory and export control. Drive improvement through root cause failure techniques.
Is accountable for Strategic Planning & Execution
- Helps develop, integrates and execute the global supply chain strategy and plan in support of the business and functional strategies, and meet customer needs through integrated processes, systems and use of technology
- Represents the supply chain capabilities for the short (0–3 months), mid (3 – 24 months) and long-term (5 year plan) horizons.
- Responsible for Change to Business process ensuring all changes are effective and timely to meet business needs
- Responsible to ensure all Exceptions and Issues are managed and handled to minimize business impact
- Manage the business within in a Principle Company Structure
- Plays a gatekeeper role between Sales & Marketing and Regulatory Affairs to assure import, storage, shipment, and supply meets regulatory requirements and governmental reporting.
- Regulatory regimes include: REACH, Montreal Protocol, FGas, MAC Directive, Seveso, ADR, IMDG and IATA.
- Supports and measures financial impact of operations:
- Performs required SOX controls and establishes remediation plans for any controls that are not effective.
- Forecasts, analyzes and develops improvement plans for Fixed and Variable Finished Product Distribution Expense (FPDE) and Financial Inventory Days Supply (IDS).
- Optimizes total delivered cost. This includes understanding /execution against the impact of mfg location on sourcing, logistics, and mfg costs. This also includes work with sourcing and logistics organizations to provide forecasts and key cost optimization opportunities
- Lead and manage the team to ensure performance standards, annual objectives, policies and procedures are met
- Ensure the team has the right level of know-how and competency to perform their responsibilities through coaching and development
- Regularly manage and review performance of employees according to Performance Management cycle (PMC)
- Demonstrate EHS leadership & ensure this culture is implemented in team
- SQCD targets – cost to plan, cost to serve, end-to-end supply chain metrics
- Master production schedule
- Customer delivery performance
- Inventory health (raw materials, WIP, Finished Goods), non-productive inventory, inventory record accuracy, inventory to plan
- Competent, high-performance team with strong organizational health
- Team Development
- Compliance to Quality processes, procedures and policies
Education & Experience
- University degree / Business school / Engineering degree, with APICS CPIM or CSCP certification
- 10 years + of experience in industrial SC, Manufacturing process improvement, including business improvement role with wide view on business, use of analytical approach in highly professional environment;
- Experience with complex international supply chains with heavy constraints is requested – (automotive, food industry, dangerous goods)
- Specific knowledge
- English language is a must. French and Dutch are appreciated since the job is located in Geneva with significant engagement at the Netherlands site location.
- Manufacturing background: industrial processes, EHS, lean manufacturing, Supply chain…
- Financial Basics
- Advanced excel management (VBA, macros…)
- 6 sigma green belt or Lean certifications is mandatory.
- Management of a team with remote team members is a plus.
- SAP, APO, SQL, ERP, OMP experience is a plus.
- Business understanding
- Ability to work in a matrix organisation, communicating effectively with employees and collaborators
- Ability to work in a continuous improvement environment, delivering commitments and initiating improvements
- Automotive OEM experience is a plus
- Team management, developing others, courage
- Very good communication skills oral and written
- Strong leadership and ability to lead cross functional, cross cultural teams remotely
- Focus on timely and cost-effective output, quality and result oriented
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to make decision, sense of urgency
- Operating Effectiveness & accountability
- Good knowledge of process improvement methods (6 Sigma, Lean)
- Ability to shape a vision and to communicate it with enthusiasm
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ethics & values. Organizational Health. Leading the way in EHS
At Chemours, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join Chemours and discover what it means when we say “We Are Living Chemistry”.