If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
The Private Sector Fundraising (PSFR) section within PFP works with National Committees and UNICEF country offices to maximize income and drive income growth. There are five units within the PSFR section. The purpose of the Fundraising Services team is to grow income from pledge and legacy fundraising as well as supporting the other fundraising income streams through high quality fundraising content, digital fundraising expertise, best practice sharing events, database systems and other common support needs.
The Fundraising Manager (Digital) will develop the strategic plans for digital and work with the international network of fundraisers through UNICEF’s National Committees and Country Offices. The incumbent is responsible for driving the growth of, and integration of, digital fundraising and engagement in UNICEF. He/she will provide vision and leadership for UNICEF in this fast-moving area. He/she will also direct the Fundraising Officer (Digital) in his management of supportunicef.org in addition to centrally created or driven digital products and partnerships. UNICEF aims to become an industry leader in the use of digital technologies to both support and drive its fundraising and digital engagement.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
- Lead, manage and monitor a global digital strategy for UNICEF’s fundraising and public engagement with donors.
- Ensure effective planning and strategic adjustments based on monitoring performance and developing key performance indicators.
- Support the assessment, monitoring and evaluation of the performance of digital activities funded by PFP investment funds.
- Provide technical support to priority National Committees and country offices through a network of external digital consultancy. Focus investments on markets with high digital fundraising potential. Create successful pilots and programmes to provide examples of best practice and incentives for replication in the wider network.
- Oversee the appointment of external consultants and service providers ensuring all due diligence is followed in selecting and managing external providers.
- Ensure digital opportunities are leveraged across all channels and that fundraising, and integration opportunities are seized in line with the global strategy.
- Develop a support service to National Committees and country offices. Identify and support digital fundraising initiatives in select countries. Create successful pilots and programmes to provide examples of best practice and incentives for replication in the wider network.
- Ensure the sharing of key learning’s and best practice through the intranet, training sessions, dedicated workshops, the Market Knowledge Centre (an on-line database) or other mechanisms such as webinars. Develop and maintain user-friendly learning modules and tool kits on key areas of digital fundraising.
- Monitor the performance and income from the web to UNICEF centrally through supportunicef.org and manage the dedicated staff members (Fundraising Specialist Digital, Fundraising Officer Digital) to implement an on-line fundraising plan for UNICEF.
- Follow developments globally in the field of new media fundraising securing access to cutting edge expertise within the area. Keep track of competitor performance in new media fundraising with the Market Knowledge Team and analyze trends with the Business Analysis Team. Maintain a network of leading suppliers in the area.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Advanced University degree in any of the following: Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, Fundraising, Social Sciences, Public Administration, International Relations, or equivalent.
- A first level university degree (Bachelor’s) in combination with additional qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 8 years progressively responsible marketing experience including at least 5 years in the not-for-profit sector or extensive experience in managing digital marketing in an agency environment.
- International experience is a must.
- Knowledge of the UN system is an advantage.
- Preference will be given to candidates with international digital fundraising experience and those candidates who have worked on both agency and client side.
- Fluency in English is required and working knowledge of another UN language (Arabic, French, Chinese, Spanish or Russian) is preferred.
- Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Communication – Level III
- Working with People – Level II
- Drive for Results – Level III
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts – Level II
- Applying Technical Expertise – Level III
- Persuading and Influencing – Level II
- Relating and networking – Level II
- Planning and Organizing – Level III
To view our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
For more information on remuneration and benefits, please visit UNICEF’s Entitlements’ page.
If you would like to find estimates for entitlements, you may use the online. Salary Estimate Calculator.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Opening Date Wed Apr 15 2020 02:00:00 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time) W. Europe Daylight Time
Closing Date Tue May 05 2020 16:55:00 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)