The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens addressing inequity not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
For every child, Hope
The Private Sector Fundraising (PSFR) section within PFP works with National Committees and UNICEF Country Offices to maximize income and drive income growth. The Fundraising Officer (Digital) will work as part of the Digital team in delivering digital fundraising campaigns, and sharing best practice with national committees and country offices.
How can you make a difference?
The Fundraising Officer (Digital) will directly influence fundraising income through the effective management of the supportunicef.org platform, and the implementation of campaigns on this platform.
Increase UNICEF International’s digital income through donor acquisition.
- Work in partnership with markets that have limited fundraising capacity to deploy a digital acquisition strategy to drive donations via supportunicef.org including the coordination of email marketing and other online marketing activities such as display, social networking and search engine marketing.
- Promote key seasonal fundraising promotions, and global projects and campaigns (Good Will Ambassadors and corporate partners).
Devise and deploy digital fundraising activities to leverage emergency fundraising opportunities.
Increase UNICEF International’s digital income through donor retention.
- Cultivate and steward the international pool of online donors by providing regular feedback, donor friendly stories and a structured email-marketing program to nurture pledge and one-off donors.
- Ensure that visitors to supportunicef.org receive engaging experiences through rich content and stories that prompt them to donate.
Maintain and develop the supportunicef.org platform
- Oversee the development and day-to-day maintenance of the supportunicef.org platform.
- Ensure the secure data transfer of leads to National Committees and country offices where appropriate.
- Analytics and tracking – ensure this is implemented in a robust way (especially e-commerce conversion tracking) for reporting and testing purposes.
- Work with external vendors in support of the above objectives.
- Assist National Committees and country offices in acquiring specific digital knowledge or providing technical support on implementation of digital fundraising campaigns.
- Work with other members of the Digital team as needed to capacity build with markets.
- Work closely with Division of Communications to ensure an optimized experience for visitors from unicef.org to the supportunicef.org platform.
Other duties as required
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Advanced University degree in Marketing, Social Science, Communication, Fundraising or Business Administration.
- A first level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in online marketing.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal and presentation skills required. Must possess demonstrable knowledge of interactive technologies including e-mail marketing and online donation processing.
- Experience with website traffic tracking/analysis and user interface analysis required.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The functional competencies required for this post are…
- Relating and Networking (LI)
- Applying Technical Expertise (LI)
- Learning and Researching (LII)
- Planning and Organizing (LII)
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Opening Date Thu Apr 09 2020 02:00:00 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time) W. Europe Daylight Time
Closing Date Sun Apr 26 2020 16:55:00 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)