As a company, Caterpillar takes on every challenge that faces us, just as we have through our history. We will continue to lead in our industries because of employees like you. You’re here on purpose, with a purpose. Your work builds the world. You build what matters.
If this sounds good to you, we have an excellent opportunity for you to join Caterpillar as a Global Product Application Specialist in our Global Construction and Infrastructure (GCI) division supporting our Medium Tractor Products (MTP).
As the Global Product Application Specialist, you will be the global expert in the field of MTP, providing deep product and application expertise to the MTP Global Product Group – including the MTP New Product Introduction (NPI) Manager, World Wide (WW) Market Manager, Chief Engineer and WW Product Manager during the various NPI phases. You will collect and communicate the Voice of the Customer (VOC) in the development of functional specifications and critical customer requirements. You will also be engaged in competitive tests, evaluations and analysis and guide the Global Marketing Team (GMT) which consists of Regional Production Application Specialists (RPAS), Product Marketing Consultants (PMCs) and other product experts. You will also be a key member of the MTP launches focused on Global Training Pack, training the RPASs and coordinating the marketing machines globally and lead our requirements for MTP Annual Product Updates.
Specifically, as the Global Product Application Specialist, you can expect to:
- Lead GCI’s Global Customer Product and Functional Requirements’ development in support of MTP NPI programs.
- Develop global critical customer product application requirements and product functional specifications for input to the WW Product Group’s NPI programs and gain approval from the WW Product Manager and VP’s at the NPI Gate Reviews for MTP.
- Own GCI’s marketing requirements and VOC input to New Product Introduction Development: This includes the collection, prioritization and communication of Voice of the Customer, Voice of Dealer, Voice of Machine and Voice of Expert.
- Define the value of new product features, functional and technical specifications and general product requirements, including discussions on Percentage of Industry Sales (PINS) and pricing recommendations with the Global Product Marketing Consultant.
- Create Value Analyses for NPI teams focused on competitive performance, features, maintenance and repair costs.
- Identify, manage and provide reports on competitive performance studies, feature/benefit comparisons and maintenance and repair cost analysis.
- Apply knowledge of products, technology, industry, customers etc., into strategic planning and Product Group Multi-Generational Product Planning (MGPP). Incumbents may mentor less experienced personnel.
To be successful in this role, you must bring (Basic Qualifications):
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in marketing, engineering or business.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible job-related experience in marketing, engineering or new product development for construction medium tractor products.
- Clearly demonstrated ability to understand and articulate technical machine performance and application knowledge that allows you to be regarded as an “expert” in product application, specifically for construction medium tractor products.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Caterpillar Inc. construction products, product support strategies and dealer operations.
- Good human relations and communication skills are required to develop cooperative work relationships.
- Must be proficient in the English language (verbal and written).
This role requires up to 50% global travel.
Top Candidates will also have:
- An Advanced degree in business or engineering.
- Experience as a construction manufacturer field representative.
- Global work experience.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position and must be based in Geneva on the local payroll.
The incumbent must be holding a valid work permit (G,B with European citizenship) or be a C/Swiss resident.
As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
#LI #NowHiring #Hiring