JTI is a leading international tobacco company with operations in more than 120 countries. We’re the global owner of world-renowned brands such as Winston, the number two cigarette brand in the world, and Camel (outside the US). Our global brands also include Mevius, LD and Natural American Spirit, and we manufacture the internationally recognized Logic e-cigarette brand and Ploom Tech, a major brand in the heated tobacco category.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, we employ over 45’000 people across the globe. We were recently awarded Global Top Employer for the fifth consecutive year with regional Top Employer Certification in Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America, Africa and the Middle East. This is recognition of our outstanding talent strategy, energizing culture and commitment to learning and development. Our Geneva HQ is Equal-Salary Certified.
We are a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. For more information visit www.jti.com.
Camel HQ Brand Group is looking for a GLOBAL BRAND DIRECTOR
WHO ARE WE?
11 Passionate marketers from 10 different cultures (American, Brazilian, Canadian, Filipino, French, Italian, Korean, Mexican, Romanian, Spanish) who believe that for Camel to remain a timeless icon and become a Top 5 Global Brand, our role is to drive and even stretch our global strategies and tools to go beyond the expected even when it is not easy or comfortable to do so.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Creative Hothouse: Camel is the creative challenger brand for those excited by seeking and leading brave and energizing ideas
- Commercial Power: 2019 is our 6th consecutive year of volume growth since 2013. A priority brand across all 5 regions and active across all 3 categories of RMC, OTP, and RRP
- Culture of Experiments and Challenges: The Camel team takes pride in being comfortable with experiments and bulletproofing our ideas to both commercial and creative challenges
WHAT WILL YOU ACTUALLY DO?
- Drive Strategy: As part of the Camel leadership team, you will be responsible for creating and leading future-looking brand strategies that are both consumer and commercially relevant
- Lead by Example: As one of the senior leaders, you must enjoy working with others and providing stability, guidance, and mentorship for all team members. This would be reflected in how you create focus, prioritize, operate and plan logically, resolve issues respectfully and hold each other accountable.
- Engage and Influence: Given JTI’s multi-layer network, you will need to be an experienced business integrator connecting and building strong working relationships to ensure engagement and endorsement
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
You as a professional:
- Tobacco Industry Experience
- Several years of experince in senior leadership and management roles
- Exceptional strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to see the potential of creative ideas and the skills to bring them to life
- Excited about commercial, consumer, pricing and product deep work
- “Can do it, can figure it out” attitude with excellent communication skills to work across multiple cultures
- Comfortable to navigates conflict and resolution with respect and accountability
- Proven record in brand management & stakeholder engagement. Multi-market experience would be an advantage
You as a person:
- Naturally curious and adaptable in dynamic and ambiguous situations
- Strong leader with high self-awareness that can easily build credibility amongst colleagues
- Value working in a team where proactiveness, trust, and non-hierarchy approach is the norm
- Enjoy a fast pace, high standard, and questioning/challenging working environment
Application deadline: March 30, 2020