The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking an experienced and dynamic Head of Communications to lead on our global communications work across the organisation. This role is offered on a full-time permanent contract and will be based in our GAIN Geneva office.
GAIN is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially those most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the role
In this position, the Head of Communications will be responsible for strategic communications of the organisation, overseeing and leading on public communication strategies. You will be working closely with the policy and advocacy team and development office team to create compelling messaging targeting our stakeholders.
Together with the Executive Director and the Director of Policy and External Relations, the Head of Communications will develop targeted strategies to enable external and internal communications initiatives, including strategic corporate communications. The successful candidate will also streamline processes and coordinate strategy and delivery of digital and social media channel management in order to strengthen our corporate brand and drive advocacy. They will also ensure consistency of public relations initiatives across the organisation.
Role duties include;
- Designing, developing and implemening an integrated communication strategy to create awareness and engagement on GAIN’s profile among target audiences and advance its mission across stakeholder sectors, at global and country level.
- Continously seeking new opportunities to position GAIN in the media as a key thought leader and expert in reducing malnutrition.
- Strategically seeking opportunities to enhance GAIN’s leadership and positioning among civil society, global public health community, donors, government officials and other partners through media outreach, events marketing, video creation, article contributions and social media campaigns
- Serving as main point of contact and collaboration partner for corporate communications projects and global initiatives ensuring alignment of corporate and functional messages across the Policy & Advocacy Team, the Development Office team and the Communications Team
- Leading on the implementation of an internal tracking system of communications requests.
- Contributing to establishing and maintaining a wider workflow for approval of GAIN’s publications and reports.
You will have significant experience in internal and external communications and advocacy work at a senior level in an international setting, with demonstrable experience of leading a highly effective team, brand management and strategy development and implementation. As a flexible and adaptable self-starter, you will have a proven ability to work in within a matrix structure in a fast-paced and multi-cultural environment ensuring strong collaboration with key partners.
About our offer
In addition to competitive salary, GAIN offers 25 days holiday (plus public holiday), flexible working, home working and professional development opportunities. We will support you to grow in your career and offer this within a supportive and collaborative environment. Additional country specific benefits may apply.
For more detailed information please see the attached job description. To apply, follow the “Apply Now” link. The role is open to applications until 24th March 2020. Interviews are expected to take place between the 22nd – 24th April 2020.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.