Our mission is to defend human rights and democracy through building software that is essential for digital freedom and privacy protection for all Internet users.
ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 26 million users. Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an Internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products such as ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and much more.
Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, San Francisco, and Taipei.
About the position
We are looking for a Junior Data Scientist with a strong coding background to help us establishing our data platform. You will collaborate with multiple teams throughout the company to use data, with a focus on web analytics, to provide analyses and visualizations that will inform data-driven decisions and contribute to drive product development and marketing strategies. You will also lead the effort to improve our data visualization tools and adapt them to the needs of the company.
What you will do
- Assemble, clean, and manage large, complex datasets
- Use data to produce dashboards and reports for a wide array of stakeholders
- Collaborate with the Marketing team (including SEO and PR) to obtain insights on the usage of our products and the outcome of our marketing campaigns through custom web analytics
- Create visualization tools, contributing to open source projects and creating new visualizations as needed for the data team
- Contribute to ongoing data cataloging efforts
- Two or more years of experience working with and analyzing large, complex datasets
- Experience using Python and good knowledge of at least one visualization library
- Masters of Science or higher degree in a quantitative discipline: statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering, computer science, etc.
- Proven working knowledge of SQL
- Background in Spark
- Strong analytical skills
- Basic understanding of business intelligence, marketing KPIs, and web analytics
- Knowledge of Scala considered a plus
Why you should join Proton?
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement
- The chance to do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
ProtonMail uses the Recruitee recruitment platform for a more efficient hiring process and better candidate experience. Your data will be kept confidential and not shared with any third parties. Keep in mind that you will receive emails from [email protected] email or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.