- Office of the Deputy to the Director and Field Operations Coordination Department
- Partnerships for Digital Development Department
- Digital Networks & Society Department
- Digital Knowledge Hub Department
- Implements, in collaboration with ITU staff and experts in various domains, the delivery of training courses and/or e-learning activities through the ITU Academy platform; identifies areas for improvement and makes recommendations.
- Liaises with the Centres of Excellence in the planning and implementation of their training plans and ensures the proper delivery of the training in the ITU Academy platform.
- Designs and supervises the implementation of Moodle training courses on the ITU Academy platform, including uploading course content materials, setting up the feedback forms, and checking course grade settings.
- Liaises, provides advice and supports tutors from all six CoE networks regarding different options in Moodle for their activities. This may include setting up virtual tutorials on how to create and manage courses.
- Provides technical assistance to ITU Academy users who have technical issues with registration, passwords, and platform processes.
- Provides pedagogical support to Centres of Excellence by uploading, where appropriate, documentation for course pages such as training outlines/information notes.
- Recommends setting up course certificate conditions in the platform and edits certificate templates.
- Collects data, provides useful analytical support in the review of statistical reports and ensures the monitoring of the ITU Academy platform for the quarterly statistics reports to management.
- Supports regional ITU focal points and provides them with technical assistance with the platform.
- Performs other related duties assigned by the Head of Division.
- Core Competencies: Applying Expertise; Effective Communication; Learning and Knowledge Sharing; Organizational Commitment; Results-Focused, and; Teamwork and Collaboration.
Essential Functional Competencies: Analysis, Judgement and Decision-Making; Client and Service Orientation, and; Planning and Organizing.
Essential Technical Competencies: Knowledge of Learning Management Systems such as Moodle and Content Management Systems such as Drupal, as well as very good understanding of e-learning practices and online collaboration techniques. Proficient knowledge of Moodle 3.5 or higher as a SuperUser or Tutor (at the minimum) and advanced knowledge of Drupal 8.7 is required. Knowledge of design software applications, e.g. Adobe Illustrator or similar, Google Analytics and online marketing tools.
The Telecommunication Development Bureau (BDT) is responsible for the organization and coordination of the work of the Telecommunication Development Sector (ITU-D) of the Union which deals mainly with ICT-focused development policies, strategies and programmes, as well as technical cooperation activities, to promote digital inclusion and drive digital transformation at community, country and regional levels. To effectively and efficiently serve the needs of ITU members, BDT is organized into four functional areas:
The Digital Knowledge Hub Department is responsible for providing best practices and information to support the public policy decisions of ITU Member States. This department provides a platform for the members, as well as for external entities such as researchers, the private sector and other development agencies, to obtain critical information on digital trends, information society developments and digital skills. In addition to consolidating ITU’s position as the recognized global source for regulatory information and ICT data, this department is responsible for the work of ITU-D Study Groups. Finally, this department provides capacity and digital skills building programmes. Duties / Responsibilities Under the supervision of the Head of the Capacity and Digital Skills Development Division (CDS), within the Digital Knowledge Hub Department (DKH) of the BDT, the incumbent will contribute to the management of the ITU Academy Moodle platform and the setting-up of courses in Drupal in support of the ITU Centres of Excellence (CoE) programme.
More specifically, the incumbent performs the following duties:
Qualifications required Education:
University degree in social science, economics, education, business administration, telecommunications or a related field OR education from a reputed college of advanced education, with a diploma of equivalent standard to that of a university degree in one of the fields above. Experience:
At least three years of progressively responsible experience in the field of the post with learning management systems such as Moodle and with content management system such as Drupal. An advanced degree in a related field can be considered as a substitute for one year of working experience. A doctorate in a related field can be considered as a substitute for two years of working experience. Languages:
Knowledge of one of the six official languages of the Union (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, Spanish) at advanced level and knowledge of a second official language at intermediate level. Knowledge of a third official language would be an advantage. (Under the provisions of Resolution No. 626 of the Council, a relaxation of the language requirements may be authorized in the case of candidates from developing countries: when candidates from such countries possess a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the Union, their applications may be taken into consideration.)
Applicants will be contacted directly if selected for written test. Interviews may be used as a form of screening.