Main Purpose of the Role
The Communications Specialist is responsible for the channels through which we reach and connect with parents, students and staff, providing the most efficient and effective means for getting across our messages. The role focuses on the management of digital communication tools and the school’s online presence.
You will work closely with the Marketing, Admissions and Communications (MAC) team and collaborate extensively with the wider CDL staff. Your key responsibilities will be the following:
- Optimise the school website and create a network of listing links and sponsorships with referrer websites that assists prospective parents with their online research
- Working with the Head of Brand to develop persuasive content for the school web pages, news and blogs to attract and inform both current and prospective parents.
- Ensuring that all page content, linked documents and internal/external links are up to date.
- Maximising the efficiency and effectiveness of content/SEO on cdl.ch.
- Ensuring all online forms (enquiries, visits and applications) are optimised and effective.
- Oversight of all forms of paid digital campaign (social, search, display).
- Ensuring exhaustive referrer website listings and partnerships (paid and unpaid).
- Build the school online community through social media, driving both followers and engagement (shares and comments).
- Develop a content strategy for the school and deliver an ongoing content pipeline that can be used year-round to inspire, engage and inform all relevant internal and external stakeholders including parents, students, staff and alumni.
- Engage with academic staff throughout the school to collect news and updates from the classroom and from offsite trips, events and activities.
- Develop, differentiate and deliver the CDL social media strategy across multiple services.
- Create an ongoing online influencers campaign with focus on families with younger children.
- Ensure that all current parents are kept up to date on school news and information:
- Delivering an intregrated communication schedule of news, updates, reports and promotions to parents, students and staff across multiple digital applications.
- Distributing the regular school newsletter so as to maximise opening rates, read time and assist the Head of Brand in focusing on content that is getting the most attention.
- Explore innovative methods of communicating with the school community beyond email, including through a parent mobile app.
Skills and Competencies
- Digital marketing
- Exceptional data and analytics skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility, proactivity and initiative, capacity to work independently
- Demonstrate ability to strategize, implement and build constituency programs and activities
- Proven ability to drive projects through to execution
Qualification : Degree level education required, preferably Bachelor in Marketing and/or Digital Marketing Qualification
Languages : French mother tongue with English proficiency, Bilingual French & English is a plus
Experience : Confirmed experience in a similar role in a medium to large organization. One of: Luxury brand experience, Hospitality brand experience, tourism brand experience
Prior Knowledge: Website content development, Social media management, Digital data analytics, Marketing automation, SEO and Paid Search/display
Job Type: Full-time
- English (Required)
- French (Required)