Marketing Communications Specialist – Remote (CH preferred)
Headquarters Vernier, Geneva
Founded and headquartered in Switzerland, farmer connect® is a global industry-led initiative with the vision to humanise consumption through technology. Its cutting-edge supply chain technology promotes fair and transparent agriculture, enabling a sustainable, inclusive and efficient food supply chain from farmers to consumers. Its aim is to provides value to all actors of the supply chain.
Built on emerging technologies, such as blockchain, self-sovereign identity, and artificial intelligence, the agritech ecosystem allows safe and private business data storage and sharing, as well as the exchange and tracking of information and payments.
The initiative is supported by industry leaders who recognise digitalisation and sustainability as powerful and meaningful trends in the food sector.
For more information about farmer connect, visit: https://www.farmerconnect.com
The Marketing Communications Specialist at farmer connect® will be responsible for collaboratively creating and tactically executing the integrated marketing communications strategy globally.
This position will be reporting directly to the Head of Marketing and act as the gateway for all marketing communication operations, managing projects for the farmer connect products including farmerID, as well as promoting the sustainability projects untaken, like the Orangutan coffee project. This job is fast paced and exciting, and is perfect for someone who likes to be part of a high performing team dedicated to great work and the company’s cultural journey.
This includes planning for and executing integrated marketing tactics – both traditional and digital, both organic, paid and earned – to help ensure audience engagement and ROI.
If your talent includes creating and driving creative, measurable digital and traditional marketing communications campaigns, we want to hear from you.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Implementing the marketing strategy globally in key development areas,
- Generate compelling, engaging content to support content-driven integrated strategy. Help identify the most effective communication channels to reach relevant target groups and help to feed these channels with the appropriate messaging.
- Strategizing and implementing campaigns leveraging both traditional (collateral, print advertising, direct mail, etc.) and digital (social media, digital advertising, websites, email, etc.) marketing tactics.
- Managing agency relationships to get the best ROI
- Responsible for media plan, editorial calendar and internal and external communications as related to area of responsibility
- Developing materials, presentations and other marketing communications for launches, campaigns and other product and service marketing efforts as well as sales meetings, tradeshows and events.
- Creating and maintaining project plans to successfully move all projects forward in a timely, collaborative and efficient manner.
- Providing guidance to the product management team and cross-functionally to teams such as customer service, sales excellence, customer development and operational excellence, to help shape local marketing strategies.
- Working to develop plans to leverage product promotions to help generate leads at key shows and events
- Collaborating to help leverage and optimize the websites, e-marketing tools, SEO/SEM, digital advertising, social media channels and other digital marketing tactics.
- Attending and participating in all relevant trade shows.
- Traveling with sales representatives once per year to gain a deeper understanding of the business and the customer base.
- Responsible for monitoring program success and ROI analytics and reporting to appropriate Directors
- Actively soliciting relevant input from customers and the sales organization to develop new and vibrant marketing collateral.
- Assessing state of current materials – revise existing literature as appropriate, archive outdated versions, and leverage digital whenever possible.
- Being a strong brand ambassador ensuring all sales and marketing collateral reflects and adheres to corporate branding standards.
- BA/BS degree in Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or related field
- MBA strongly preferred not essential
- 5-7 years of experience in a Marketing Communications role developing content and implanting campaigns
- 5-7 years of experience with digital marketing and advertising; digital marketing certificate preferred
- Experience in go-to-market strategy, preferred
- Experience in campaign design and execution, preferred
- Experience in data analytics and creating dashboards, preferred
- Experience in graphic design, preferred
- Experience working with a CMS, preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent writing skills (writing portfolio required)
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Proven lead generation expertise that resulted in ROI
- Strong communications and time-management capability
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong research, analytics and reporting capability
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated creative, writing, editing, and multi-tasking capabilities
- Experience and success working in a startup organization and collaborating cross-functionally
- Strong business acumen
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required
- Creative/critical thinking and problem solving skills required