Caterpillar wouldn’t be the company it is today without the men and women who shape it. Because our employees power our success, we’re committed to empowering theirs. Caterpillar has an exciting opportunity in our Global Construction & Infrastructure (GCI) division responsible driving the Marketing Communications Strategy and Implementation within EAME for high revenue-generating products and services (Earthmoving, Excavation, Load & Haul, Paving, Onboard Technology, Work Tools, Customer Value Agreements, and Bundled Solutions) sold within the Industrial & Waste, Heavy Construction, General Construction, Quarry & Aggregates market segments. This position oversees marketing strategies to: 1) find new customers, 2) influence customer behavior prior to product purchase using analytic data, 3) provide sales leads to the dealers, and 4) be accountable for influencing Sales in region. This influential position leads the marketing strategy for large in-region events including the Regional Operator Challenge, Road Shows and Bauma Trade Show. Strong collaboration across all Construction Industries required.
In this role, your primary duties will be for developing and implementing the regional marketing plans for Global Construction & Infrastructure (GCI) Europe, Africa/Middle East and CIS. This includes regional marketing and communication strategies based on regional market research coupled with the launch of products, services, solutions. The leader integrates product marketing with technology and solutions marketing for a cohesive external go-to-market strategy. In addition:
- Drives awareness of products, technologies and solutions for the jobsite leading to sales funnel consideration.
- Sets and determines the strategic direction for GCI marketing initiatives with dealers and customers. This includes lead generation activities, loyalty programs, overall positioning and messaging of products, using Caterpillar data to drive predictive marketing with our customers. Provides go-to-market direction to the sales teams.
- Increase the participation rate in the region and deliver effective Return on Marketing Investment.
- Launch and position all New Product Introduction Launches in region by delivering on-time promotional materials in-language and in-channel.
- Drives the marketing initiatives for the region by understanding what venues, tools, media channels, and innovative marketing techniques will work well in region.
- Selects and manages local marketing agency partners to assure effective execution and messaging for that individual region.
- Researches, obtains funding for, and leads the region in key functions/processes needed across the industry groups.
- Drives a consistent customer experience with multiple customer influence points across experiential and digital marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or Business.
- 12-20 years of progressively responsible job-related experience.
- Fluent in French and English.
- Eligibility to work in Geneva, Switzerland: priority to Swiss nationals or C permit holders, B or G permit holders with European nationality.
Top Candidates will also have:
- Thorough knowledge of the marketing communications discipline including digital strategies.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Understanding of construction industry and machines along with previous supervisory experience.
- Must have strong writing skills and examples of Successful Communication Strategies, Campaigns, Events and Results.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required to deal with issues crossing boundaries or persuade others inside or outside the organization to take action.
- Understanding of Marketing Data Compliance