MEDIA LEAD, GERMANY, SWITZERLAND AND AUSTRIA
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Why we are recruiting
The Media team is responsible for conveying the Forum’s mission and messages and engaging the global public in its work. The team covers a wide range of operational tasks such as registering media for events, working with broadcasters to cover meetings as well as content-focused tasks such as co-producing sessions at meetings, developing multimedia strategies for important events and advising other teams and senior management on matters related to communications.
The successful candidate will help to convey the Forum’s mission and messages, and engage the global community in its work, with a particular focus on Germany, Switzerland and Austria.
Reporting Lines & Interactions
The Media Lead, Germany, Switzerland & Austria will report to Yann Zopf, Head of Media Operations.
Breakdown of main responsibilities
- 50% Events planning and media relations
- Promoting, engaging and coordinating Forum activities with global media and the Forum’s relevant constituents, i.e. public offices and international organizations.
- Mapping and building a network of national (focus on Germany, Switzerland and Austria) and international media (mainstream media, media influencers and digital editors)
- Managing press conferences, interviews, press kits and press office requests
- Researching, updating, and maintaining the media database on a year-round basis
- 30% Project management
- Driving the year-round engagement of global media
- Preparing a weekly media analysis report for Forum leadership
- Managing and updating media platforms (media relations, news distribution, newsroom webpage, media monitoring)
- 20% Coordination and administrative support
- Coordinating the creation and distribution of communications materials (including media advisories, press releases, invitations)
- Coordinating external and PR staff working with the Forum on a year-round basis
- Coordinating translation work in various languages (internal and external) to ensure quality
Preferred Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor and/or Master’s degree in journalism, business or international relations
- 5-10 years professional experience in journalism (broadcast, print or online) or communications and media relations
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, German and French (optional); other languages would be an asset
- Understanding and practical knowledge of both mainstream and social media
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and digital marketing tools (such as Mailchimp, Salesforce Marketing Cloud or equivalent platforms)
- Experience using media monitoring tools
- Evidence of maturity and flexibility
Why work at the Forum
We believe that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve the state of the world by building awareness and co-operation, shaping mind-sets and agendas and driving collective action. Join us and become a driver for positive change!