- Master’s Degree in International Relations, Economics/Management, Development Studies or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of international experience in humanitarian or development;
- At least 3 years in knowledge management;
- At least 1 year in private sector engagement;
- Strong analytical working experience, including experience with producing high quality reports and knowledge products;
- Experience in designing and managing online portals is an advantage;
- Experience in managing and facilitating Communities or Practice (CoPs) is an advantage;
- Experience in disaster risk reduction, emergency preparedness, response and recovery is an advantage;
- Experience in working with UN Agencies or international organizations is an advantage.
- Excellent skills in English.
- Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is considered an asset.
Evaluation of Applicants
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on a cumulative analysis taking into consideration the combination of the applicants’ qualifications and financial proposal.
The award of the contract should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as: responsive/compliant/acceptable, and having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical (P11/CV desk review, evaluation of samples and methodology and interviews) and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
Only candidates who will get min. 70% of points in desk review (criteria A-E) will be invited for interviews. Only candidates who get min. 70% of points in technical evaluation (includes desk review and interview, criteria A-H) will be scored in financial evaluation.
Technical Criteria – 70% of total evaluation (includes P11/CV desk review, evaluation of samples and methodology and interview) – max. 70 points:
- Criteria A – Experience in knowledge management for development and/or humanitarian (Max points 10) (P11/CV desk review)
- Criteria B – Experience in private sector engagement for development and/or humanitarian. (Max points 10) (P11/CV desk review)
- Criteria C – Experience in working with international organizations is an asset. (Max points 5) (P11/CV desk review)
- Criteria D – Disaster risk reduction, emergency preparedness, response and recovery (P11/CV desk review) – 10 points
- Criteria E – Strong analytical working experience, including experience with producing high quality reports and knowledge products (Max points 10) (written samples evaluation)
- Criteria F – Creative thinking in knowledge management and community engagement. (Max points 10) (interview)
- Criteria G – Leading the development of online platform and internal systems to manage knowledge. (Max points 10) (interview)
- Criteria H – Language skills (max points 5). (interview)
Please ensure that your experience related to criteria A-E and above-mentioned competencies is very well documented in your P11/CV and cover letter.
Financial Criteria – 30% of total evaluation (max points 30).
The application submission is a two-step process. Failing to comply with the submission process may result in disqualifying the applications
Step 1: Interested candidates must include the following documents when submitting the applications (Please group all your documents into one (1) single PDF attachment as the system only allows upload of one document):
- Cover letter explaining why you are the most suitable candidate for the advertised position. Please paste the letter into the “Resume and Motivation” section of the electronic application.
- Filled P11/CV form including past experience in similar projects and contact details of referees (blank form can be downloaded fromhttp://www.eurasia.undp.org/content/dam/rbec/docs/P11_modified_for_SCs_and_ICs.doc);
- Sample report authored/coauthored by the candidate (sample can be submitted as .pdf or provided as web links in the Publications section (section 22) or within additional questions of the applications).
Step 2: Submission of Financial Proposal – Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and requested to provide a financial offer.
It is highly recommended that potential candidates review the Swiss Tax and social service requirements and take them into consideration in your financial proposal. Further information can be found at https://www.eda.admin.ch/missions/mission-onu-geneve/en/home/manual-regime-privileges-and-immunities/introduction/Manuel-personnes-sans-privileges-et-immunites-carte-H/Non%20fonctionnaires%20et%20stagiaires.html
Individual Consultants are responsible for ensuring they have vaccinations/inoculations when travelling to certain countries, as designated by the UN Medical Director. Consultants are also required to comply with the UN security directives set forth under dss.un.org
General Terms and conditions as well as other related documents can be found under: https://www.eurasia.undp.org/content/dam/rbec/docs/UNDP%20General%20Conditions%20for%20Individual%20Contracts.pdf
Qualified women and members of minorities are encouraged to apply.
Due to large number of applications we receive, we are able to inform only the successful candidates about the outcome or status of the selection process.
Existing literature and further information to get a better understanding of the work can be found from www.connectingbusiness.org .