OPERATIONS LEAD, UPLINK
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Why we are recruiting
The Forum has a history of building digital collaboration platforms, knowledge and data tools, as well as digital events for our constituents. For our next stage of growth we are developing UpLink, a new, open-source digital platform to foster mass participation from entrepreneurs, community groups and other interested parties or individuals to meet the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals.
We are looking for a smart, energetic and strong communicator to join the UpLink team, part of the Platform for Global Public Goods, and to support UpLink’s launch and future development. The successful candidate will help develop multiple operational process spanning several workstreams to bring UpLink to life and to help it grow.
The position is a super-hybrid of a traditional digital project manager and an Agile Scrum Master. Reflecting this, the Operations Lead will be responsible for contributing to the smooth running of the UpLink team, supporting other team members who have specific responsibilities spanning business development, operations, content, digital platform development, community engagement, marketing and communications. The successful candidate should initially act as a “servant leader”, capable of facilitating and engaging with the activities of the other team members, identifying blocks to progress and helping to eliminate them.
Reporting lines and interactions
The Operations Lead will report to the UpLink Product Owner/acting Head and will interact with other members of the UpLink team, as well as key stakeholders from other Forum teams as necessary and Forum staff at large.
Breakdown of main responsibilities
- 40% coordinating operations across UpLink, including administrative support – regular meetings (e.g. daily stand-ups), reporting, liaising with external partners and providers
- 40% supporting other team members with efficient delivery of their workstreams
- 20% overseeing change management activities, documentation and associated internal communication
The successful candidate will be assessed on
- Driving the internal governance of UpLink, ensuring key stakeholders are identified and appropriately engaged, and that clear decision-making process are in place
- Contributing to maintaining detailed programme plans throughout the life-cycle of the delivery
- Contributing to building and maintaining relationships with the stakeholders across the Forum as well as external stakeholders, partners and suppliers, understanding their goals and motivations
- Helping to shape the project roadmap to meet business objectives
- Ensuring change is controlled, dependencies identified, and risks and issues managed
- Providing regular programme status updates to senior Forum senior leadership
- Managing documentation and communication of critical decisions
- Helping to maintain project document repository and resource-tracker tools
- Ensuring coordination between all internal functions with effective communication both within the Forum and to the UpLink partners across the programme
- Ensuring the team is clear on goals and objectives
- Proactively seeking to identify and remove blocks to success across the programme
- Providing support to programme team members, acting as first point of escalation and providing assistance and guidance throughout delivery
- Acting as the single point of contact for key analogue events (Annual Meeting, UN Ocean Conference, etc.) and associated marketing activities conducted together with the UpLink partners
- Helping define and manage programme budgets
Preferred Requirements and Experience
- University-level education in business administration or related field within technology, communication and digital media
- 5-7 years’ relevant industry experience in digital project delivery, change management or product marketing management for consumer-facing digital products
- Agile Scrum Master experience – not necessarily including certification – as well as a demonstrable ability to map Agile concepts to business and operational processes vs software delivery
- A solid understanding of business processes and technical infrastructure
- Salesforce.com, Office 365 experience would be an advantage, along with familiarity with JIRA or similar issue-tracking software
- Additional industry experience in one of the following is desirable: CRM, web/customer analytics or similar
- Strong Interest in technology and innovation
- Fluency in English, with excellent written, digital and verbal communication skills
Why work at the Forum
We believe that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve the state of the world by building awareness and co-operation, shaping mind-sets and agendas, and driving collective action. Join us and become a driver for positive change!