With GPS based machine control and guidance technologies introduced in the construction industry in Europe over 25 years ago, we see many of the lead users in this region. Caterpillar Product Groups (excavators, track-type tractors, motor graders) are all introducing Cat Grade technology with deeper integration into the machine DNA. Moreover, we see our customers continue to adapt these technologies at an ever-increasing rate and making machine purchase decisions based on the best overall customer solution and experience.
This Product Application Specialist position will serve as the subject-matter expert in the field of the Connected Worksite, with focus on Cat 2D / 3D Grade covering all Caterpillar Global Construction Industries product lines. This role will provide deep product and application expertise including jobsite GPS / radio infrastructure and handling of digital terrain models.
This role will be leading regional and supporting global Go-to-Market initiatives for Cat Grade products, as well as providing the machine business divisions and advanced components & technology division with the market requirements.
- Develop and adapt training materials to regional specific situations. Deliver training about the Cat Grade solution, installation, operation and basic trouble shooting to Cat internal and dealer organizations.
- Support internal partners, dealers and customers with the on-site installation, calibration, commissioning, operation and basic trouble shooting of the 2D / 3D grade systems, including infrastructure & digital terrain models if applicable. Provide application support.
- Support the ‘Go to Market’ initiatives of Cat Grade; coordinate New Product launches between Product Groups, the Sales & Marketing teams and our dealer network.
- Understand the competitive battlefield, provide the ‘voice of customer’ into the organization & engineering teams as Functional Requirements to support future NPI programs.
- Liaison between Caterpillar, Cat dealers & the Sitech distribution network concerning product, support & distribution related questions and issues.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering and/or business
- 8 years of progressively responsible job-related experience in marketing, engineering or new product development for 3D machine control & guidance
- Demonstrate product and application knowledge in 3D machine control & guidance; incl. machine integration, GPS & radio infrastructure set-up and handling of digital terrain models.
- Good communication and presentation skills required to develop cooperative work relationships.
- Travel capabilities – up to 60%.
- Proficiency in the English language (verbal / written), additional European language is a plus