Learn how you can be our voice in the conversation about the future of agriculture.
As Quality Supply Manager Europe you will lead & develop Quality Supply processes, and tools for all crops to ensure that customer demands and specs are fulfilled in an accurate and timely manner. Support the evaluation/testing of supply to meet different market specifications and minimize discard levels. Responsible for defining the standards for; usability, reserves and discards of the European inventory for all crops including product release, support the coordination of seed processing scheduling and plant activities at the different locations including master data interactions. Interact with officials regarding the legal country requirements including GMO Adventitious Presence. Support the European Seed Treatment activities and Product Managers functions.
- Provide regional guidance to ensure that each seed lot/batch of all the sites including sub-contractors is precisely and timely characterized and is placed on the right storage location in SAP and other tools (SPIN).
- Support the planning and coordination of plant activities including priority settings and work order instructions to meet bagging targets and or allocation gabs.
- Provide internal guidelines for product release and align the Quality Plans and/or Market Specs Standards.
- Manage the Quality Variance process for both final and interplant release.
- Closely collaborate with the Production Research team to successfully plan and conduct field and plant trials.
- Proactively provide volume and quality information as requested for planning or manufacturing objectives.
- Coordinate the inventory stability during the allocation process
- Coordinates the AP/GMO monitoring protocol, with the related documentation, including the blocking of the batches as soon as needed.
- Manage Customer complains (quality based) with involved site/location and proper follow ups.
- Ensure a two weeks ahead seed processing/finishing schedule for the site considering seed availability and segmented supply goals
- Ensure a two weeks ahead MASTER DATA correct set up for the location
- Provide Regional guidance to ensures that during the production process samples are taken and promptly analyzed and initiates corrective actions timely when needed
- Manage, train and coach Quality Supply team including recommendations for goals management and performance feedback.
- Coach/work with the site’s quality supply teams to determine seed quality performance metrics and makes recommendations to the site team for quality improvement opportunities at hybrid and at process level and shares experience with other regional sites.
- Work with DPS to align QMS activities at the site in communication with Productivity Improvement Consultant.
- Constantly work on Business Improvement Tools like ISO, LEAN, Six Sigma (including meetings, trainings …).
- Coordinate the Country Market specs alignment in terms of quality parameters with Product Managers and customer expectations including tool updates.
- Support Segmented Supply targets for the season for all different segmented supply phases like CW,AD,LM for all different crops including early market needs which have to be aligned with EU plant capacities. Help creating first Sourcing Plans of the Season and support the central master scheduling activities for Europe including weekly 2 weeks ahead planning.
- Support post season analysis focusing on customer service level and set utilization and provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Manage and develop processes and tools to recovery inventory of marginal level into usable supply.
- Manage the WebCycle for external seed testing suppliers
To Grow What Matters, You Will Need:
- MS or PhD degree in Agricultural Science or equivalent experience.
- 5 years minimum experience in seed industry in production related operation. Deep knowledge of Seed Physiology and Crop Production.
- Six Sigma Certification at BB or MBB LEVEL
- Proven people leadership capability
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Integrity & business ethics champion
- Contributing to team success
- Ability to manage via influence & navigate in a complex matrix environment successfully
- Innovation & change leadership
- Fluent English
- Computer skills, incl. SAP and MS-Office products
Who Are We Looking For?
- Curious, bold thinkers who want to grow their careers and be part of a winning team
- Market shaping individuals who want to transform the agriculture industry to meet the world’s growing need for food
- Collaborators who thrive in a diverse, inclusive work environment
- Innovators who bring initiative and fresh ideas that drive our business into the future and make us an industry leader
Growing What Matters Starts With You… What Can We Offer To Help You Grow?
- Challenging work assignments that grow your skills, capabilities and experiences
- Opportunities for international rotations and relocation that will expand your global view and cultural experience
- Diverse, inclusive work environment where employees bring their whole selves to work and feel heard, valued and empowered
- Dedicated and customized resources to help grow your professional skills, industry expertise and personal perspectives.
- Joining us is a natural opportunity to strengthen your professional network through valuable relationships.
- Support the health and well-being of every employee by offering world-class benefits, meaningful work and competitive salary
- Performance driven culture with a strong focus on speed, efficiency and agility