This position is being re advertised. existing applicants need not re-apply, as your application will still be considered . Thank you.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Hope.
UNICEF is increasing focus on how we can develop stronger partnerships with key business partners, that result in more financial support from the public for children. In this area we want to make more of the expertise and audiences partners have access to. This role has an exciting chance to work with some of the biggest brands in the world to attract millions of new supporters to the cause of children. This position will be an integrated part of the Individual Giving team, working closely with the Corporate Partnership team and other parts of the organisation to identify, approach and structure the conversations with the businesses that reach large audiences that have the potential to become supporters.
The above-mentioned initiatives will be primarily developed through digital channels, considered the most effective and high potential media to identify and approach the potential supporters, but will not be limited to those should other opportunities arise.
The role holder will be responsible for helping UNICEF unlock that potential and deliver income and supporter growth.
How can you make a difference?
As Fundraising Specialist (Individual Giving) you will:
- Identify, evaluate and work with the Individual Giving pipeline of potential and existing high value partners, being accountable to prioritize it at global level. All prioritization will be based on how to support the goals of the Individual Giving Income Strategy, which aims at recruiting 14 million donors giving $1.7 billion by 2021.
- Work with Corporate Partnership Teams to share partners pipelines, initiate conversations and define in clear terms the remit of the partnerships in full alignment with other initiatives
- Work across the organization (UNICEF Divisions, Country Offices, Regional Offices and National Committees) to design and plan the individual Giving opportunities from specific prospects and partners and make them operational and actionable.
- Work directly with external prospects and partners to identify high potential opportunities, identifying and articulating opportunities in business relevant language and co-developing test and roll out opportunities in relevant markets. Secure buy in from UNICEF markets, develop test plans and KPI’s as well as following the test from start to finish.
- Be accountable for results and build a transparent and accessible reporting suite for results
- Come with recommendations for further deployment in markets and potentially (where relevant) support global roll out.
- Share results and good practice between individual giving practitioners in UNICEF, via workshops, social media, and fundraising intranet and on an ad-hoc basis.
- Design a strategic approach to keep on evolving the pipeline of partners and maximize the reach and evolution.
Estimated Duration of the contract:
- Fund Raising Manager, Individual Giving
- Geneva, Switzerland
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Advanced University degree in any of the following: Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, Fundraising, Social Sciences, Public Administration, International Relations, or equivalent.
- A first level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 5 years hands-on experience, in managing and developing partnerships in various industries, but always focused on targeting and engaging with large audiences to promote brands, products and services.
- Experience in business development and account management of large partners and coordination with all internal and external stakeholders are fundamental requisites.
- Experience of strategic development and project management in a complex stakeholder environment will be essential.
- Strong understanding and experience of how to create alignment and value between UNICEF and partner brands.
- Complete understanding of digital marketing ecosystems and of all the fundamentals of CRM (audience management, native communication channels, messaging) is a key requisite
- Direct experience in individual giving activities, with at least 3 of those years in charities/NGOs including experience of international fundraising is a big plus.
- Fluency in English is required, fluency in other UN languages an asset
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF Core Values:
UNICEF Core competencies:
- Communication (verbal and written Level III)
- Working with People (Level II)
- Drive for Results (Level III)
UNICEF Functional Competencies:
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts (III)
- Relating and Networking (II)
- Analyzing (III)
- Persuading and Influencing (II)
- Planning and Organizing (III)
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
For more information on remuneration and benefits, please visit UNICEF’s Entitlements page. If you would like to find estimates for entitlements, you may use the online Salary Estimate Calculator.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Opening Date Fri Jan 03 2020 02:00:00 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time) W. Europe Standard Time
Closing Date Sat Jan 11 2020 16:55:00 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)