KS&T with offices in Geneva, London, Houston, Wichita, and New York is engaged in global trading and risk management activities in crude oil, refined petroleum products, metals and other commodities. KS&T takes a disciplined approach to trading activities with a strong focus on market analysis, superior knowledge systems and customer relationships. We are looking for an individual who is interested in being part of a dynamic trading environment, someone who wants to be part of a global team, and an individual with an entrepreneurial spirit who enjoys a fast-paced work environment.
We are seeking an extremely motivated individual with a high level of intellectual curiosity. Strong communication skills and team-oriented thinking are must haves, along with an analytical mindset. This individual must have confidence and be able to operate in a disciplined environment with high stakeholder expectations. Strong critical thinking, economic skills and the ability to connect to the probabilistic nature of trading are required.
As part of a global team, this role would hold the responsibility for European paper trading activity in the Distillate and Fuel oil markets, as well as help drive fundamental and financial analysis to support the trading framework. The candidate would be expected to contribute to trading revenue and improve our analytical capabilities working alongside global physical and paper traders, as well as continuing to help develop and grow in the use of advanced analytics. The ideal candidate would have an established network of regional/global contacts and track record in building analytically supported trading frameworks, focusing on directional trading in timing, location, price and relative value trades throughout the paper curves.
- Development and communication (both verbal and written) of regional point of view, mental models and trading strategies
- Profitably allocating Risk capital to Distillate, Fuel and cross-barrel trading strategies in a disciplined process according to delegated authorities
- Maintain and further develop our information sharing platform and knowledge systems
- Fundamental analysis for Distillation Products (Distillate/Fuel Oil/Feeds) – Maintain and lead further development of the Global Supply & Demand balances and predictive changes in flows and quality – identify market regimes
- Price based analysis including statistical analysis
- Contribute to the evolution of our analytical capability including development of advanced data-science and other programming technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Economics/ Mathematics/ Engineering (or other related field)
- 5 years minimum in oil industry – trading/refining/analysis or back/mid office
- 3+ years trading or front-line commercial role
- Good industry contacts in the European oil trading market.