CATERPILLAR GRADUATE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been building the world’s infrastructure, and in partnership with CAT dealers, is driving positive and sustainable changes on every continent. A Fortune 500 company, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines and industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company also is a leading services provider through Caterpillar Financial Services, Caterpillar Remanufacturing Services, Caterpillar Logistics Services and Progress Rail Services.
Within our Geneva head office located, we offer a complete Graduate Internship Program for a period of 13 months from 1 July 2020 to 31 July 2021.
The Caterpillar Graduate Internship Program is a mix of on-the-job learning, coupled with personal development and training in a specialized field.
With us you will:
- Have the opportunity to make the next step in your education more meaningful by providing
practical on-the-job learning in an international business environment.
- Transform academic learning into business solutions while working on real projects
- Develop a personal network in the business world
- Experience a team concept that combines the skills and expertise of people from varied professional disciplines and backgrounds
- Be part of a challenging work environment where initiative and innovation is encouraged and rewarded
- Work for a global leader
RETAIL DEVELOPMENT GRADUATE INTERN
Reports to: Network Distribution Development Manager
Department: BCP Global Distribution Development.
This Retail Development Support position is a marketing and sales strategy role for the Building Construction Products (BCP) division, which requires the individual to provide support with data analysis, results tracking, project management, dealer’s retail network Operations improvement, marketing and sales capabilities and overall customer experience. The incumbent is a liaison among dealers, Industry, Business Units and other Caterpillar personnel
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Retail Growth for selected Dealers in territory
- Support territory business targets: PINS, Participation, New Customers growth
- Identify, analyze and resolve marketing and sales distribution needs and problems in assigned discipline/territory
- Business reporting and tracking (monthly Dashboard)
- Support division Projects and initiatives that promote Network Development
- Improve and implement effective process to manage communication processes both with internal partners and externally with our Cat Dealer network.
- Track and generate reports and produce professional presentations that communicate our division initiatives, progress and results.
- Update and Maintain internal documents, tools, website, Guidebook
- Suggest new ideas to improve retail practices and operation
- Identifying, developing and refining Dealer best practices
- BA or MA degree in Business, Marketing, Interstation Relations or Similar
- Marketing/Operations roles, Distribution, Innovation, Digital, Customer Experience, in an International environment
- Analytical, ability to manage multiple projects, proactive and problem solver.
- Highly operational and detail oriented with a focus on execution and rigorous implementation
- Capable of multi-tasking, ability to adapt to various work environment
- Strong skills in Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, PowerBI
- Creative and customer focused. Dynamic, team player with initiative.
- Fluent in English and at least one other major European language (French, German, Italian.)
- Swiss citizen or holder of a valid B (hors contingent) or C permit, or EU citizen who has completed studies in Switzerland.
The graduate Intern program offers entry-level Intern positions with an opportunity to become a fixed employee if job performance is high and if hiring possibilities are available. This particular role could lead to an opportunity to become a Caterpillar Representative in one of our EAME District Offices.