The Reduced Risk Products Category is growing in significance. The new frontier for tobacco/nicotine based products gives JTI an opportunity to innovate, deliver superior products and help grow international scale and profitability. Reduced Risk Products are looking to innovation and Product Development as a key enabler for future growth. The individual will be responsible (in close collaboration with the E-Vapor Design Flavor manager and with the Product Design Blend & Flavor Director) for managing several new product development projects and consolidating efficient processes to build the future pipeline infrastructure for JTI.
University degree in Food Technology, Science, Chemistry or related disciplines
Min. 5 years experience in Marketing / Product Management related activities preferably in tobacco, flavor (Client Service or Marketing, in close collaboration with R&D) or food and drink companies (Product Management or Product Portfolio Management).
- Ability to translate strategies into relevant project management tasks to meet the objectives
- Solid commercial/analytical/quantitative skills/innovative thinking/orientation to sensory and consumer insights
- Self-disciplined, organised person with the skill to handle multiple tasks and solid experience in multi-task project coordination
- Very efficient Project and Agency Management skills
- Ability to work effectively in cross functional projects and processes, demonstrates team player attitude
Main Areas of Responsibilities:
- Identify consumer-centric sensorial experience opportunities to design satisfying taste/flavors
- Deliver an effective and aligned R&D briefing for new/improved taste/flavors development
- Coordinate screening, sensory and consumer panel evaluations, providing clear feedback for iterations and coordinating all involved functions (SRA, R&D, GSC) ensuring timely delivery against the brief and plan
- Ensure product regulations, internal JTI directives and principles are followed at all steps
- Visualise and communicate product taste and performance, ensuring alignment with Brand and Commercial for communication and packaging development
- Assist in devising a blend and flavor development plan and roadmap based on strategic recommendation and commercial needs for the next years
Process framework improvement: Strengthening heat sticks development process for T-Vapor category.
- Establish guidelines and procedure for the NPD process in collaboration with all involved functions
- Reinforce T-Vapor consumables strategy by applying E-Liquids development best practice and capabilities
- Understand competitors’ strategies, consumers flavor choice and preferences
- Strengthen sensory capabilities by developing consumer relevant attributes, leading regular assessment of competitors’ products and ours, generating knowledge regarding JTG and competitors’ products taste/flavor profiles
- Provide product features (sensorial and technical information) to Brand teams, supporting product’s value communication and marketing materials creation
Product Evaluation: Work together with R&D, Sensory and Strategic Insights to develop and coordinate consumables evaluation methodology best practice for T-Vapor.
Other product Development: Manage other product development projects as needed in close collaboration with innovation team, R&D and/or external partners, including project planning, budget management, consumer research and testing, coordination with other functions etc.