In order to strengthen our team involved in our current projects, we are looking for a Senior Analytical Development Scientist for a period of 18 months. In this position, you will work in the Product & Industrial Development department of our biotech production site in Meyrin. You will be responsible for the improvement of our analytical methods and participate in projects to characterize one of our flagship products and develop corresponding analytical methods. Your responsibilities are as follows:
- Define strategies and execute activities related to Development and validation of new analytical methods including forced degradation studies
- Able to manage the activities of a “junior analytical development” employee: definition of development strategies, planning, protocol / raw data / report supervision, etc.
- Coordinate operational activities with other analytical development teams
- Establish a development plan and adjust the corresponding workload
- Assess the adequacy of current analytical methods towards their intended use
- Identify and select relevant analytical service providers for product characterization, methods screening and development and manage the corresponding activities: contracts, definition of development strategies, progress monitoring, reporting, review of documents…
- Manage fractionation studies (internally or with service provider) for product characterization
- Demonstrate batch to batch consistency with the adequate analytical methods
- Write and / or review analytical protocols and reports ensuring adequate quality of data
- Communicate effectively and proactively on a regular basis on the progress of projects
We are looking for an autonomous, organized and rigorous person with the following profile:
- University degree (MSc, engineer, PhD) in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Cell Biology or similar
- Ideally, more than 5 years of experience in analytical development in a complex chemical or health products industry.
- Very good knowledge of analytical methods and validation according to ICH and USP guidelines
- Knowledge of GMP guidelines (GXP, ICH, PH, Eur,…)
- A first experience in project management
- Fluent in French and English both in oral and written conversation
You are a pragmatic and solution-oriented person who likes to identify and solve problems at their roots. Responsible and methodical, you enjoy taking initiatives and being proactive. You are comfortable in a production environment and have the ability to follow several projects at once. Thanks to your communication skills and strong team spirit, you integrate quickly into a new environment and easily establish collaborative links with other departments.
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global pharmaceutical company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions.The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma. With its unique expertise in the field of immunology, OM Pharma develops and manufactures infectious diseases/OTX products for respiratory tract infections, lower urinary tract infections, ear care, abdominal distension, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, chronic venous insufficiency, diabetic retinopathy, haemorrhoids, menometrorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeding).
Location: Switzerland – Meyrin/Geneva
Function: Technical Operations
Company: OM Pharma
Seniority Level: Manager
Talent Acquisition Consultant
+41 58 851 81 24