Sword Switzerland is present in French-speaking Switzerland (in Lausanne and Geneva) and provides services in IT Management, Application Development and IT Operations.
With our 200 employees, Sword Switzerland offers its centres of expertise to the leaders of various sectors (Public, Health, Watchmaking, Banking/Insurance, NGOs and Sports Federations) in carrying out consulting missions, IT projects and the delegation of targeted skills: governance and project management, development factory, Microsoft solutions, quality and test management.
In the context of a large IT program, we are looking for a experienced IT Project Manager to join the Project management team of our client ( a UN agancy) based in Geneva.
The consultant is expected to contribute to all phases of the IT-related projects and support the project management framework from planning to execution and closure, and to facilitate the communication with the selected vendors. The consultant will help the team migrate web contents to appropriate online web platforms including the agency’s public website.
- Bring support to identifying and procuring business solutions for projects
- Act as a project manager for the agency
- Information Management: Solution development, Platform development and hosting, dissemination and capacity building
- Agency website updates in collaboration with the website team.
Expected skills and knowledge
- Proven skills in the areas of project management, planning, organizing, resourcing with a careful attention to detail to continuously monitor progress actions and initiatives.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with teams in an international, multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary environment; separated by geographical locations and working under different time-zones
- Strong affinity with projects and activities as described in the ‘Project Details’ section of this document (i.e., the design, management and coordination of complex information systems, computer- based applications and databases).
- Excellent written English and communication skills.
- At least 5 years of recent professional experience in programme / project planning, management and successful delivery of complex cross functional or interdependent projects, some of which should be at the global or international level.
- 2 years of experience in successfully implementing IT software development projects and large application implementation in more than one location/site or projects with a wide end-user base.
- Demonstrated professional experience working with senior-level management. Proven experience in writing business plans, project-related documentation, or technical papers
Nice to have:
- Experience with UN agencies or NGOs is a plus