The Wyss Center for Bio and Neuro Engineering (https://www.wysscenter.ch/), is a non-profit organization focused on the translation of neurotechnology for human benefit. The Wyss Center’s experienced multidisciplinary team from industry and academia integrates scientific, engineering, clinical, regulatory and business expertise conducting high risk, high reward projects from research to product.
The Wyss Center is seeking a Senior Lawyer who will provide a wide range of legal support. The individual will report to the Center’s Chief Operating Officer (COO) and will supervise the Junior Lawyer.
- Lead and/or support the design, negotiation, drafting, and execution of various agreements and transactions with academic and industrial organizations such as Research and Collaboration Agreements, License Agreements, Services Agreements, Material Transfer Agreements, and Manufacturing and Supply Agreements.
- Track post-closing requirements and manage documentation throughout the life cycle of a contract.
- Identify, analyze and help mitigate key legal and commercial risks, including those related to Intellectual Property (IP), and provide practical, solution-oriented legal advice to managers on all legal matters, including, but not limited to, contract negotiations, legal compliance.
- Help drive smart risk-taking, efficiency and productivity within legal and other Center functions.
- Ensure the effective implementation of transactions, including contract interpretation, disputes and amendments.
- Provide legal advice to all outsourcing activities.
- Contribute to the Center’s strategy and decision making within every function of the organization.
- Take a lead role in the drafting and development of the Center’s policies.
- Contribute to appropriate transparency and dissemination of information and policies across the Center. Deliver in-house training through seminars and workshops.
- Work closely, and effectively manage the relationship, with outside counsel in areas including, but not limited to IP, policy development and regulatory frameworks. Develop and assess legal strategies.
- Law degree
- Educational background in science or engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of working experience as a lawyer (of which at least 8 must consist of direct experience working on a wide range of legal matters in a technical organization (Medical device preferred)
- Successful experience in leading negotiations on complex, high value, contracts and agreements
- Experience working in a small, risk-taking organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud a plus
- Strong work ethic and trustworthines.
- Strong analytical and organization skills, sound legal judgment, demonstrated initiative, adaptability and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to work collaboratively with colleagues and with other organizations and stakeholders
- Supervisory experience is a plus
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter describing your qualifications and your motivations no later than March 31st 2020.
Job Type: Full-time