Bunge (NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge’s expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve across the globe. The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and has 25,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 350 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
You’re a true gamechanger. A highly adaptable and organized business finance professional who is continuously aiming to work on parallel improvement opportunities. As a natural leader you’re able to motivate and convince others, including higher management, by thorough data, a commercial mindset and excellent communication skills. Sounds familiar? Let’s talk!
What’s this role about?
In the role of Senior Manager FP&A Expense Management Europe & Asia, You’ll join the recently formed Expense Management function, part of the Corporate FP&A team, which is responsible for overseeing and managing the governance, planning, analysis of expenses within the Europe & Asia geographic zone across all corporate functions, value chains and operations. The team is truly international with three indirect team member in North America and two direct reports of which one based in Switzerland.
Your overall purpose in the position of Senior Manager FP&A Expense Management Europe & Asia is to drive expense management through regular reporting cadence and spend governance framework activities with a clear focus on zero-based budgeting, initiative tracking, control and monitoring of all in-scope expenditures. The high profile and visibility of this role provides exposure to interact with senior management across various functions, enabling engagement with these leaders and their organizations to strategically manage spend. This provides great opportunity and platform to learn and grow within the organization.
Your main accountabilities as Senior Manager FP&A Expense Management Europe & Asia will be:
- Provide visibility, strategic thought leadership, ad-hoc detailed analyses, decision support and recommendations to senior management, partnering and interacting with business units (value chains) and functional leads to ensure we deliver on budgeted financial commitments and seek further cost optimization strategies
- Drive the enhancement of the budgeting, forecasting, reporting and review of spend policies and procedures across the organization, including recommendations for financial process improvements and standardization of global operations
- Align and unify variance analysis and savings calculation methodologies with controlling (e.g. notables, perimeter and scope changes), human resources (headcount, variable compensation due to business performance) and other functions measuring contribution to savings (e.g. Procurement, Bunge Business Services)
- Perform internal and external benchmarking and deploy category budget targets to align with the global long term corporate savings targets, find new ways to make a long-term impact in our zero-based budgeting and cost management journey
- Proactively improve cost efficiency by exploring new technologies and developments such as continuous monitoring, robotic process automation, self-service reporting, big data etc.
- Coordinate the broader finance resources in the geographic zone, manage and coach direct reports, set individual and team goals aligned with department and functional goals; create opportunities for development, create succession plan, make hiring decisions, drive performance management, recognition and rewards
What makes you qualified for the role?
Besides the first paragraph of this advertisement you bring some core specifics:
- At minimum a Bachelor’s degree (Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or Economics). Post-graduate financial and/or accounting qualifications (e.g. CPA, CMA, CFA, ACA, ACCA) are considered an advantage.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in financial planning and analysis, cost accounting or controlling, cost management.
- Solid understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), understand cost structures, cost allocation methods, expense reporting and expense capitalization.
- Proficient in with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, experience with financial planning systems (e.g. OneStream XF, Oracle / Hyperion, IBM / Cognos TM1, SAP / BPC, Anaplan) and data visualization tools (Tableau).
- Prior experience in agribusiness or food industry preferred.
- Proficiency in English is a must, Spanish or Portuguese are considered a plus and additional European languages are beneficial.
This positions preferred location is Geneva, however other locations in Europe may be considered, such as our offices in or near Barcelona, Warsaw, Amsterdam.
What we offer
A key role in an organization with colleagues around the world, who are dedicated to improving the global Agri-Food value chain, one day at a time. Together, we bring food from where it’s produced to where it’s needed. We do this in an informal culture where an entrepreneurial mindset is valued. Being a global company with a constant need for innovation, a broad variety of challenges and development opportunities can support your long term career at Bunge. We value and stimulate development through, training, education and experience and offer effective/accredited tools and resources to support you in your journey.
If this description reflects your profile or ambition, we’re looking forward to see your application and motivation in English by hitting apply!
In case of questions, please reach out to Marinke van Stekelenburg (Talent Acquisition Lead at [email protected]).
Acquisition by agencies is not appreciated, we do not use agencies at this moment for our recruitment. Open proposals of candidates are at own risk.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled