Commvault is a worldwide leader in delivering backup and recovery for the progressive enterprise. Commvault enables you to protect, manage, and use your data, while managing it in a consistent, compliant way. Our automated solutions work on-prem and in the cloud, and work with the digital tools and procedures you’re already using. Keep your data accessible and actionable with a single solution that ensures your data is always available — no matter what.
We have an outstanding career opportunity for a successful Senior Sales Engineer to be based in Switzerland supporting our Specialty Sales team for French speaking regions of Switzerland. The Senior Sales Engineer is responsible for driving software and Professional Services revenue while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction by providing pre-sales technical/functional/architectural support to both existing and prospective customers. The ideal candidate must bring a strong and proven history of pre-sales systems engineering support and solution creation.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Provide technical Pre-Sales activities and support Account Executives in developing and implementing specific account penetration strategies.
- Take ownership of technical/solution sales cycle within customer accounts including product demos and whiteboard sessions, assisting customers with design/ architecting, evaluations, POC and benchmarks, system configurations and installations.
- Help staffing Marketing events and trade shows.
- Work closely with internal departments to manage and escalate critical situations which could affect the business.
Position Requirements Include:
- Experience working closely with customers and engineering to drive solution sales cycle from technical discovery to successful customer acquisition helping to define product requirements, new feature requests, and enhancements.
- 5+ years’ experience with Windows & Linux and knowledge of at least one of the technology stacks like virtualization, containers and/or cloud (VMware, OpenShift or Kubernetes ideally)
- 5+ years’ experience in the infrastructure space with understanding of storage technologies
- Comfortable with providing hands-on support to drive and execute customer evaluations from requirements gathering to completion – including troubleshooting
- Proven ability to communicate and articulation of the value of the solution, driving technical discovery to explore customer’s requirements
- Experience inworking with end users and partners to support solutions sales cycles
- Driven with curiosity, eager to get hands-on with the product to prove superiority of the Hedvig solution
- Excited and motivated to guide a product/solution in quickly evolving IT space.
- Experience of working on complex RFPs/RFIs
- Competence with prioritising work and balancing workloads
- Experience in making Return of Investments (ROI) calculations and Technical Business Cases
- Able to travel.
- OS: Windows, Linux – must
- Storage: VSAN, Nutanix, ScaleIO – SDS experience preferred, traditional storage experience if they have 1 of the below in each category
- Virtualization: Vmware, or HyperV, or KVM or OpenStack
- Applications: Sharepoint, Oracle or SQL server
- Cloud Apps: Google Suite or Office365
- Cloud: AWS or Azure or GCloud
- (Optional) Containers: Kubernetes, OpenShift
Commvault is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are always committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. and we will not discriminate against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.