The Senior Sales Manager is responsible for leading a sales team, seasoned sales individuals consisting of both Strategic Account Managers and Enterprise Account Managers in Switzerland.
- Reports to the Regional Director and will be responsible for building and managing a sales team
- Must possess strong leadership skills and the ability to build a complex sales strategy to ensure both short- and long-term goals, objectives and quotas
- Act as the front-line executive who recruits, hires, develops, and manages a tiered sales team
- Generally, splits time 50 – 50 between managing a team and customer interfacing calls
- Works closely with new as well as established channel partners to generate new business opportunities
- Create direct strategic relationships with senior decision makers within named accounts
- The role, responsibilities and geographical focus will change and develop over time along with the company’s growth.
- 5+ years of high-level management experience of 5 or more direct reports in a fast paced, highly competitive, ever-changing sales environment
- Minimum of 8 years in quota carrying sales role with demonstrated achievement
- Proven ability to work effectively with and across all levels of business and IT contacts within very large and complex organizations
- Extensive experience negotiating large 7 figure deals with extremely complex terms, conditions, price pressures and considerations
- History of coordination within an internal set of multi-functional teams such as Systems Engineers, Inside Reps, Field Marketing, Professional Services, and Channel
Management to ensure target quotas as achieved and exceeded
- Self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expect high standards for self and team
- Analyzes available data and makes decisions which are best for VMware
- BA/BS degree or higher
– Minimum of 8- 10 years’ experience in the industry
- English Language required
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-11-11
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.