About the Role
As a Senior Site Buyer, reporting to the Procurement Manager, you will implement procurement strategies for the country/site and identify and reduce risk in order to bring the required supply of goods and services within corporate guidelines and local policies.
Source & Market Research
- Guide the sourcing process by developing intimate knowledge of selected commodity markets through study, analysis, personal contacts with suppliers, and any other sources of market information.
- Analyse trends and market movements for use in making sound procurement decisions.
- Advise and assist other functions in the evaluation and pricing of alternative materials. Advise on trade practices, pricing, market conditions, delivery terms, and use of technical services of vendors.
- Drive vendor selection and consolidation.
- Initiate search for new or alternative materials or products.
- Investigate and approve the facilities, quality and financial responsibility of potential suppliers.
- Actively support the responsible sourcing projects implementation (Sedex, Audits)
Negotiations & Contract Management
- Solicit and analyse quotes, negotiate prices and delivery terms and investigate invoice discrepancies.
- Negotiate annual and long-term contracts
- Implement local agreements where possible and support the financial targets as outlined by IM&S Procurement.
- Perform out local negotiations with suppliers and ensure adequate contract cover within the portfolio within the value of spend specified by the Regional IM&S Procurement Manager and the Global Delegation of Authorities/Signatories policy.
Report, Process Management & Documentation
- Provide market conditions, pricing, shortages, or technical information to Global Category Managers and make recommendations.
- Integrate the IM&S processes so as to conform to the guidelines developed within the SAP and SRM system.
- Maintain existing SRM catalogues and drive the implementation of new SRM catalogues
- Bachelor level, Local Procurement or Commercial diploma
- English and French knowledge is mandatory
- 3 or more years of procurement experience within and international environment. Experience working as a Site buyer is an advantage