The Global Operations & Engineering (Ops & Eng) department is the central point of contact for all customers receiving operational services from Eurovision, coordinating the management of requirements and delivery for all events, transmission and media services between broadcasters, Members, federations and Host Broadcasters.
The Operations team is responsible for delivering high quality technical solutions and achieving ambitious operational objectives, implementing quality reliable delivery solutions, in order to provide outstanding value and services for our customers, while managing costs to generate a profitable margin.
The Project Management Office (PMO) unit is the central point for the coordination of all operational projects managed by Eurovision Services. The members of the team play a vital role in the setup and delivery of events and services. They will always seek to meet the high expectations of Eurovision’s most demanding clients, while supervising the implementation of the most cost effective, efficient, and reliable solutions possible. Second function of the PMO is the internal improvement and implementation of synchronization, processes and coordination in between internal teams. Therefore, PMO Projects can be commercial and internal.
The Logistics & Hospitality Unit is integrated to the PMO and triggered upon Project Start and acts as support function to all deliveries organized by ES. While Global Logistics are in charge of warehouse-, stock-management (including inventory accuracy) and equipment shipment, HSM (Hospitality Services Management) is in charge of handling all aspects in relation with accommodation, transportation, catering, accreditation, etc.
The Supervisor Global Logistics & Hospitality acts as a relay for the manager of PMO within the team. Directly connected, he is allowing ensuring a clear continuity for team member, internal and external stakeholder. Deeply involved in daily operations, the supervisor Logistics & hospitality is supporting, monitoring and following up on all team activities, therefore entitled perform one-to-one follow ups and help team member to avoid blocking situations.
The Supervisor Global Logistics & Hospitality will be in charge of bringing together both teams and integrating these into the existing PMO structure. (S)he will lead the implementation of processes, automations, tools, workflows and structural improvements but also manage the team and take active part in specific aspects of daily operations.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree, subject: Business, Logistics
Languages: Excellent written and spoken English
Professional Skills and Experiences:
- 3-5 years Logistics and Shipment experience with on-site experience are mandatory
- 1-3 years Hospitality services experience would be an asset
- Experience on major and complex events
- Committed team player, excellent collaboration skills
- Motivated by challenges and implementation of new best practices and processes
- Proven project management experience
- Strong technical & market knowledge of the broadcasting industry in line with ES Business lines
- Strong ability to work with remote teams
- A media services operations expert with exceptional customer focus
- Experience in customer service management & ability to build customer relations
- Effective communicator who is willing to embrace change and prioritise innovation
- Financial awareness very important, demonstrated budget management capabilities vital
- Clearly proven ability to work well with people at all levels in a variety of different areas
- Must be a good judge of character, experience in assessing performance & identifying talents
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team in an intense and demanding environment
- Experienced in the management of logistics operations, inc. inventory control, warehouse management, equipment planning and shipping procedures
- Negotiation skills with external suppliers
- Proven project management track record and/or certification in particular in IT development
- Capability to have both hands-on and strategical standpoint
- Knowledge of broadcasting / IT equipment would be valuable
- Strong decision making, problem solving and continuous improvement skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to bring people together
More info in the job description attached.
We will not accept any applications after the closing date and we will contact only the candidates who correspond to the requirements.
Eurovision Services is committed to building a culturally and gender diverse workforce and to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups, regardless of their background.
ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA OUR RECRUITMENT PORTAL WILL BE CONSIDERED.