- Office of the Deputy to the Director and Field Operations Coordination Department
- Partnerships for Digital Development Department
- Digital Networks & Society Department
- Digital Knowledge Hub Department
- Support the development of communications products such as brochures, infographics, factsheets, multi-media assets etc..
- Transform technical content into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-read visuals.
- Produce graphics for online platforms, including social media.
- Produce motion graphics.
- Deliver strong, convincing designs on the work of the ITU development thematic priorities.
- Knowledge of social media/marketing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
The Telecommunication Development Bureau (BDT) is responsible for the organization and coordination of the work of the Telecommunication Development Sector (ITU-D) of the Union which deals mainly with ICT-focused development policies, strategies and programmes, as well as technical cooperation activities, to promote digital inclusion and drive digital transformation at community, country and regional levels. To effectively and efficiently serve the needs of ITU members, BDT is organized into four functional areas:
Main Tasks and Responsibilities of the Internship Under the supervision of the Head of the Communications and Promotion Service, the intern will:
Qualifications required Education:
University degree in communications, marketing, graphic design. Experience:
No work experience required. Languages:
English required and knowledge of another UN official languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) would be an advantage. Additional Information:
The Telecommunication Development Bureau (BDT) is responsible for the organization and coordination of the work of the Telecommunication Development Sector of the Union which deals mainly with development policies, strategies, programming, as well as technical cooperation activities.
The internship provides practical educational experience and an opportunity to work in a multicultural, intergovernmental organization. Under supervision, interns are assigned projects and tasks that are relevant to their educational background and interests and provide them with the opportunity to apply and further develop their knowledge and experience.
This internship will be conducted remotely.
Please note that a non-remunerated Internship position at ITU does not carry the same conditions of employment as a Short-term or a Fixed-term position. Mandatory Medical Insurance, travel expenses, accommodation and living expenses are the responsibility of the interns or sponsoring institutions.
Applicants will be contacted directly if selected for written test. Interviews may be used as a form of screening.